Ghulam Ali comes up with biography
Mumbai: Pakistani Ghazal maestro Ghulam Ali comes up with his biography that encapuslates the various ups and downs he experienced in his life.
Titled ‘Ghazal Wizard - Ghulam Ali’, the book has been penned by two Indian writers - Bhavesh Sheth and Sadhana Jejurikar.
"It feels great when a biography comes out. Even if I am not there, people will remember me through the book. It`s a great feeling. There is lot of things in the book which has been revealed from my childhood days till now," said Ghulam Ali, known for all-time hit ghazals ‘Chupke chupke raat din’, ‘Hungama hai kyon barpa’, and ‘Apni dhun mein’.
Ghazal has faded from the music scene, but Ghulam Ali says this is just a temporary change and the genre will come back soon.
"I know future of ghazal is very bright. After a certain point, we will come back to ghazals. This is a temporary change of modern music."
The biography`s foreword is written by Ustad Zakir Hussain and the introduction is by Hariharan.
A music CD will be given free with the book and consists of eight ghazals. Of these, two are sung by Ghulam Ali and rest by co-author Sadhana.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistani artiste controversy: Producers thank cinema owners for backing 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release
- No one can make remake of magnum opus 'Mughal-e-Azam', says Randhir Kapoor
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan talks about her relationship with Ranbir Kapoor in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'
- Veteran Punjabi actor Mehar Mittal passes away
- Asking money for casting Pak actors is extortion: Ashoke Pandit on ADHM row
- Classical musicians are not entertainers: Amjad Ali Khan
- Taylor Swift to perform at Formula One concert!
- Arijit Singh's 'Nashe Si Chadh Gayi' from Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor starrer 'Befikre' will leave you tripping
- 'Enormous market for music in India'
- Shah Rukh Khan is our favourite, says British pop rock band 'The Vamps'