Good songs don`t need big stars: Bappi Lahiri
Mumbai: Veteran singer-composer Bappi Lahiri says he does not believe that a big star cast is a pre-requisite for a successful song in a film.
"I don`t believe in the star cast. There was no Khan saab in `Ooh la la`, it was a simple picture. Vidya Balan-ji was there, Naseeruddin Shah was there and it became history," the 60-year-old said here Monday.
‘Ooh la la’ was sung and composed by Lahiri for the 2011-hit ‘The Dirty Picture’.
Bappi has also sung a song for a small-budget film titled ‘Maut Ka Jungle’ and is hopeful that the audience will like this song as well.
"Maybe the song of `Maut Ka Jungle` also becomes historical, no one knows that. So, I don`t believe that the song will become popular (only) if it has a big star cast," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Priyanka Chopra to attend Oscars 2017 and look who's with her!
- ‘Lipstick Under My Burkha’ row: Bollywood celebrities slam CBFC decision
- Guardians The Superheroes movie review: Russian replica of 'X-Men' series
- 'Anaarkali of Aaarah' will appeal to all sections: Swara Bhaskar
- Vishal Bharadwaj is very sensitive: Kangana Ranaut
- Badrinath Ki Dulhania: Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt's quirky antics steal the show in 'Aashiq Surrender Hua'
- Akshay Kumar happy with 'Tu Cheez Badi Hai Mast' song in 'Machine'!
- Anushka Sharma’s ‘Phillauri’: ‘Whats up’ - first wedding song of this season – Watch
- Maluma to donate Vina del Mar fest paycheque to fire victims
- Arjun Kapoor – Shraddha Kapoor’s ‘Half Girlfriend’ to create record with 18-minute long song!