Honey Singh`s online channel gets over 1 lakh hits
New Delhi: Rapper-music producer Honey Singh, who faced the ire of people for using vulgar lyrics in some of his songs, has become the first individual Indian artist to get over one lakh hits on his online video channel.
The 29-year-old, known for hits like ‘Angrezi beat’, ‘Brown rang’ and ‘Dope shope’ has a huge fan following, which has made his YouTube channel a hit in the entertainment and music section.
“YouTube has played a very important role in ensuring the music I create reach global audience and helps in collecting quick feedback from the music lovers worldwide. I try to go through all the comments which my fans post on my channel and that`s what motivates me to work even better for next releases," he said in a statement.
"The credit for the various benchmarks on YouTube and other digital platforms goes out to all such fans of mine who keep me going," Singh, who has rapped in movies like ‘Cocktail’, ‘Race 2’ and ‘Khiladi 786’, said the statement.
Digital distribution company, One Digital Entertainment, which officially handles the singer`s YouTube channel is elated with the audience`s response.
"Honey Singh`s huge fan base and the awesome music he creates combined with the best practices implemented on his digital strategy has made him the fastest growing and most viewed artist on YouTube in India," says Gurpreet Singh, chief operating officer, One Digital Entertainment.
Meanwhile, Singh has been courting controversy for vulgar lyrics.
He was even booked by Punjab Police for the content of his songs under Section 294 (singing, reciting or uttering any obscene song, ballad or words, in or near any public place) of the Indian Penal Code in Punjab`s Nawanshahr town.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui starrer 'Manto' a very big project for me: Nandita Das
- Motherhood teaches you priorities in life: Farah Khan
- Chetan Bhagat shares a trivia about Shraddha Kapoor, Arjun Kapoor's 'Half Girlfriend'
- Working with Amitabh Bachchan was always on my wish list: Esha Gupta
- 'Dangal' director's next film with Sajid Nadiadwala
- Justin Bieber's India concert: Sale of tickets to go live on February 22
- Fortunate to get good songs: Arijit Singh
- Diljit, Badshah jamming for something new?
- Badrinath Ki Dulhania: Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt enchant us with their beautiful chemistry in ‘Humsafar’
- Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan singing 'Humsafar' song from 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania' is a must watch!