Hyderabad girl, Panipat guy wins Shankar Mahadevan`s MOBisur
New Delhi: Hyderabad girl Pragya Patra and Rohit Sehgal from Panipat won MOBisur, a mobile and Internet-based singing talent hunt launched by composer-signer Shankar Mahadevan.
The winners received a cash prize of Rs.5 lakh and will get an opportunity to record an album with Shankar, which will be released by T-Series and Hungama.
There were six finalists and final decision was taken by the jury members - Shankar and singers Soumini Paul and Tulsi Kumar.
"It has been an incredible and challenging experience to filter and select the best of what India`s rich talent pool has to offer. I am extremely happy that we have successfully selected the right winners," Shankar said in a statement.
The motive behind launching MOBisur was to gather musical talent from every corner of India through the power of digital medium.
"We received an overwhelming response in the first edition, which has reaffirmed our faith in the digital talent hunt," he added.
Launched in July, "MOBisur" gave participants the chance to engage in a unique audition format, which required them to either dial in and record a song or perform and upload a video online.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tiger Shroff starrer 'A Flying Jatt' sequel on cards?
- Amazon Prime Video India partners with Vishesh Films
- Akshay Kumar's 'Gold' based on India's first olympic medal
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 694: Abhi saves Pragya yet again from getting killed
- I am completely against banning Pakistani actors in India: Dibakar Banerjee
- Classical musicians are not entertainers: Amjad Ali Khan
- Taylor Swift to perform at Formula One concert!
- Arijit Singh's 'Nashe Si Chadh Gayi' from Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor starrer 'Befikre' will leave you tripping
- 'Enormous market for music in India'
- Shah Rukh Khan is our favourite, says British pop rock band 'The Vamps'