I am not surviving on silly controversies: Honey Singh
New Delhi: Honey Singh and flaks go hand-in-hand but the rapper claims he is not surviving in the industry for the "silly controversies" he is associated with.
The 29-year-old singer, who was booked by Punjab and Haryana High Court for singing vulgar songs, said he is doing well in the music business because of his talent.
"At the first place I did not write that song (Balatkari), I am not stupid to create silly controversy when I can do good work. There are people who survive on these tactics, I am not one of them," Singh said.
Cases have been registered against him were registered singing the song `Main Hoon Balatkari` (I am rapist).
Having started his career as a recording artiste, he later became a Bhangra producer. He got his first break in Bollywood with his song in film `Shakal Pe Mat Ja`.
"My music worked and on people`s suggestion I started rapping and achieved success through my hardwork. My management and I did not realise when we went from Punjab to pan-India and had shows all across the country," he said.
The rapper is reportedly in talks to lend his voice for a special song in Shah Rukh Khan starrer `Chennai Express`, releasing this Eid.
Asked about the project, Singh said, "I had received a call from Shah Rukh Bhai. Infact I met him at his house while I was in Mumbai and our meeting continued for two and a half hours. He`s a fantastic person and appreciated few of my songs including his personal favourite `Angrezi Beat`."
His other projects include songs in upcoming movies `Boss`, `Zaalim Dilli`, `Bajaatey Raho` and `Mastaan`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Don't bother about what others think of my decision: Anushka Sharma
- Tamil actress Varalaxmi reveals her 'casting couch' experience, writes 'stop disrespecting women'
- Vidya Balan in a Rajinikanth film?
- Rangoon: Saif Ali Khan’s interview with ‘Shopkeeper’ Gaurav Gera is hilarious – Watch
- Milind Soman makes India proud, turns 'Ultraman'
- Akshay Kumar and Raveena Tandon's popular song all set for a reprised version!
- Justin Bieber's India concert: Sale of tickets to go live on February 22
- Fortunate to get good songs: Arijit Singh
- Diljit, Badshah jamming for something new?
- Badrinath Ki Dulhania: Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt enchant us with their beautiful chemistry in ‘Humsafar’