I don`t consider myself a playback singer, says Farhan Akhtar
Mumbai: Farhan Akhtar is not only a successful filmmaker and actor, but he can also sing. He has crooned songs like ‘Rock On!!’ and ‘Tum ho toh’ but says he doesn`t consider himself a playback singer, though he feels that singing enhances his performance in a movie.
"I sing (in a film) only when I feel that any enhancement can happen in my performance in the film. I don`t consider myself a playback singer," Farhan said here Tuesday on the set of singing reality show ‘Indian Idol Junior’.
"For me, singing is one more aspect of enhancing my performance and I approach singing that way only," said Farhan, who was on the set to promote his forthcoming film ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’.
Farhan made his singing debut with the 2008 musical ‘Rock On!!’. He sang five tracks in the movie. Later, in the 2011 film ‘Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara’, he lent voice to two tracks –‘Senorita’ and ‘Toh Zinda Ho Tum’.
His next acting project, Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra`s ‘Bhaag Milkha Bhaag’, based on the life of former athlete Milkha Singh, releases July 12.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- First look of 'Meeruthiya Gangsters' out
- Police file charge sheet against `Peepli-Live` co-director Mahmood Farooqui in rape case
- TV star Pearl V Puri wants to pay tribute to RD Burman
- Watch: John, Anil in `funny wedding` song from` Welcome Back`
- Anurag Kashyap's guidance was very helpful: Zeishan Quadri