I fell in love with music because of Rahman: Madhan Karky
Chennai: Tamil lyricist Madhan Karky credits Oscar-winning music composer AR Rahman for his love for music.
"I fell in love with music because of Rahman`s compositions that I`ve been hearing over the years. He is the kind of composer who supersedes his own work with every new soundtrack. Penning songs for him is always a delightful experience," Karky told reporters here.
He was speaking at the promotional event of ‘Kadal’, written, produced and directed by Mani Ratnam. Rahman has composed the music for the film.
Madhan, who has written two songs in ‘Kadal’, said that the best part about working with Ratnam is "I was given the freedom by Mani sir to be creative with my lyrics".
Talking about one of the songs he penned, Karky said: "I`m very happy that `Elay Keechaan` is a runaway hit. The song brings forth the celebration of fishermen after a big catch".
Coming out Feb 1, ‘Kadal’ stars newcomers Gautham Karthik and Thulasi Nair in the lead. Other cast members include Arvind Swamy, Arjun, Lakshmi Manchu and Thambi Ramaiah. The film`s cinematography is by Rajiv Menon and editing my Sreekar Prasad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Justin Timberlake's 'sarcastic' response to Kanye West's VMAs speech
- Glad to revisit gritty genre with 'Udta Punjab': Kareena Kapoor Khan
- Amitabh Bachchan receives 'dirty abusive sms', approaches police
- Watch: Teaser of Anushka Shetty’s ‘Size Zero’
- Real life hot couple raise the heat with skin show for Cosmo
- Kapil Sharma sings for 'Kis Kisko Pyaar Karoon'
- Fawad, Alia, Siddharth to croon for `Kapoor and Sons`
- 'Dheere Dheere' reprise: Love song beautifully recreated with Sonam Kapoor, Hrithik Roshan
- Nick Jonas debuts 'Levels' music video on VMA
- Taylor Swift, Kendrick Lamar win big at MTV Video Music Awards