I love singing in any language: Mamta Sharma
Chennai: Playback singer Mamta Sharma, known for chartbusters such as "Munni", "Kevvu keka" and "Sakku bhai", says language has never been a barrier for her when it comes to singing.
"I love singing so much that language has never been of any hindrance to me. I take all songs with same kind of dedication and passion. I modulate my voice according to a particular song and its language," Mamta said.
She says, in order to sound as perfect as original, she translates songs from other languages to a language she can read and write.
"When I sing in other languages such as Tamil or Telugu, I usually write down the song in roman English or Hindi. I obviously can`t memorise the song, and, therefore I translate it in a language I am comfortable with," she added.
Sharma, who holds a degree in fine arts, forayed into southern film industry with the song "Kevvu keka", a Telugu version of "Munni", which was a part of Bollywood blockbuster ‘Dabangg’.
Following the immense success of "Kevvu keka", she recently crooned another item number "Sakku bhai" in Nagarjuna`s ‘Damarukam’.
Do you ever feel you are being typecast as an `item number` singer?
"I never feel so because I am relatively new to this profession and I need time to explore. Thankfully, most of the songs I have sung to date have been very successful, and I hope to continue my winning streak with any song that comes my way," she said.
She strongly feels the presence of a star in an item song won`t guarantee success, but it definitely helps in creating a buzz.
"I don`t think item numbers are successful because of the stars in it. Stars may create much-needed buzz, but the success of any song depends on its music, tune and lyrics," she added.
The singer, who was recently part of a special episode of ‘Mix Solo’, says this opportunity helped her connect with her fans and rub shoulders with many esteemed singers on a live platform.
Some of Sharma`s upcoming songs feature in movies like ‘Dabangg 2’, ‘Himmatwala’ and ‘Bullet Raja’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Varun Dhawan – Alia Bhatt’s ‘Badrinath Ki Dulhania’ scores a century!
- Raveena Tandon’s ‘Maatr’: Impactful teaser out! WATCH
- Akshay Kumar’s boxing session with ‘little goons’ is the cutest thing you will WATCH today
- Kapil Sharma forced to cancel shoot after boycott by team, Bollywood celebs?
- Phillauri movie tweet review
- Ranveer Singh and Rajkummar Rao jamming the 'Trapped' rap is a bonus for fans!
- Sonakshi Sinha in 'Gulabi 2.0' song from 'Noor' will pep up your boring day!
- Noor: Sonakshi Sinha lets her hair down, teases video of song 'Gulabi 2.0'
- Every film with AR Rahman is special journey, says Mani Ratnam
- Notice sent to SP Balasubrahmanyam for performing Ilayairaaja's composition