I will not sing in future, says Kashmir’s all-girls band member
Srinagar: A day after their decision to disband the Kashmir’s all-girls rock-band following the fatwa (decree) from the Grand Mufti of Jammu and Kashmir, a member of the band on Tuesday said that though they are feeling bad they will not sing again.
“We have mutually agreed to call it quits because of the people of Kashmir and our Grand Mufti sahib. He is Islamic scholar and he might be right suggesting us not to sing, we respect him,” said one of the three band members.
Asked whether they are afraid after the fatwa, the teenage girl said that they are neither afraid nor required any security from state government.
“I started singing when I was fourteen, now I am feeling a little bad but will not sing in future. We would like to thank the media and the people who have come in our support,” said the girl.
Meanwhile, a case has been registered by the local police over the abusive and threatening online posts against these girls.
The band named ‘Pragaash’ (morning light) on Monday, decided to call it quits in the wake of a `fatwa` issued by Grand Mufti Bashiruddin Ahmad terming singing as un-islamic and obscene.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Oops! Kapil Sharma's show to clash with Krushna Abhishek's 'Comedy Nights Live'?
- Sanam Re movie review: Amateurish romantic mishmash
- See in pic: Mahesh Bhatt shares sneak peak from 'Raaz 4'!
- 'Thor' Chris Hemsworth's crazy visit to India with wife Elsa Pataky! – See pics
- Dia Mirza hails Sonam Kapoor's 'Neerja'!