Iconic rocker Bob Geldof says Goa gave him his 'best' drugs
Panaji: Bob Geldof is on his first visit to Goa and the renowned Irish rocker said he is happy to be in the Indian state which gave him his best drugs.
"I am happy to be in the land which gave me my best drugs," Geldof said at the beginning of his concert at a ThinkFest conclave at Bambolim village in Goa last night.
Repeating his statement again during the press conference today, Geldof, 61, admitted that when he was growing up, the best "stuff" (drugs) came from Goa.
"I said I am happy to be in the land which gave me my best drugs," he said, responding to a question.
"When I was growing, the best stuff came from Goa. I know some people sent it, I don't know who they are. That's the truth. Goa and drugs were completely one in my head," Geldof added.
Geldof said his idea about Goa and drugs date back to the time when he was 14 years old. He also said that this was his first visit to the state, although he has been to India many times to perform at concerts at Mumbai and Bangalore.
"You don't have any idea how crappy it was. I came from a Catholic island (Ireland). I was just 14. Goa was this blissful land with beautiful women, beaches, drugs - all this was great to me, because of which I came to see Goa," said Geldof, who is also a Nobel Peace Prize nominee.
He rose to prominence as lead singer of the Irish rock band The Boomtown Rats in the late 1970s and early 1980s, alongside the punk rock movement.
Geldof also co-wrote 'Do They Know It's Christmas?', one of the best-selling singles of all time and starred in Pink Floyd's 1982 film 'Pink Floyd - The Wall'. A single father, Geldof has also been spoken out for the fathers' rights movement. PTI
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Madhavan, Pawan Kalyan to speak at India Conference at Harvard
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Karan Johar, Kareena Kapoor Khan did not speak to each other for almost a year – Here's why
- Priyanka Chopra injured on the sets of ‘Quantico’, says she will be ‘ok’
- Vin Diesel wants to do Bollywood movie with Deepika Padukone
- Shah Rukh Khan, Aditya Roy Kapoor and Hrithik Roshan revisit evergreen hits – Here’s how
- David Guetta concert: Mumbai, Delhi gig rescheduled to January 15
- Musical tribute to Kaifi Azmi on 98th birth anniversary
- David Guetta's Mumbai concert cancelled – Here's why
- Hrithik Roshan and Yami Gautam's chemistry spills love all over in 'Kisi Se Pyar Ho Jaye' from 'Kaabil'