‘Indian’ Priyanka Chopra goes global
Mumbai: Former Miss World and actress Priyanka Chopra is now a singer. The lady, who has been busy giving shape to her singing career since last year is all geared up for the launch of her debut single ‘In My City’.
PC is currently busy promoting her flick ‘Barfi’ that also stars Ranbir Kapoor and Ileana D’Cruz. But she is also squeezing out time for her album that features will.i.am.
Talking to DNA about her song, Priyanka said, “I don`t want my music to be region specific, but have a global feel so that anyone listening to it across the world can relate to it just as easily, much like Shakira’s music. It is very strongly connected to the roots but has a strong global flavour.”
Sources close to the star maintain that the song featuring Will.i.am will indeed be launched at the National Football League kickoff.
So will Priyanka’s desi touch to a globalised song impress her fans abroad?
We will have to wait and watch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Woah! Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur to share longest kiss in 'Fitoor'
- Katrina Kaif breaks silence over break-up with Ranbir Kapoor, here's what she has to say
- Gujarati theatre actor Markand Bhatt passes away
- I am not in awe of Kareena Kapoor Khan: Arjun Kapoor
- Hope to come up with rock album in year or two: Aditya Roy Kapoor
- Zayn Malik's album release coincides with 'One Direction' exit-anniversary
- 'Neerja': Sonam Kapoor in 'Aankhen Milayenge Darr Se' will stir you—Watch video!
- Who lifted a song from Salman Khan's film?
- Priyanka Chopra's 'Exotic' gets 80 mn views!
- Ali Zafar to do item song in 'Tere Bin Laden: Dead or Alive'