‘Indian’ Priyanka Chopra goes global
Mumbai: Former Miss World and actress Priyanka Chopra is now a singer. The lady, who has been busy giving shape to her singing career since last year is all geared up for the launch of her debut single ‘In My City’.
PC is currently busy promoting her flick ‘Barfi’ that also stars Ranbir Kapoor and Ileana D’Cruz. But she is also squeezing out time for her album that features will.i.am.
Talking to DNA about her song, Priyanka said, “I don`t want my music to be region specific, but have a global feel so that anyone listening to it across the world can relate to it just as easily, much like Shakira’s music. It is very strongly connected to the roots but has a strong global flavour.”
Sources close to the star maintain that the song featuring Will.i.am will indeed be launched at the National Football League kickoff.
So will Priyanka’s desi touch to a globalised song impress her fans abroad?
We will have to wait and watch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Treat to work on dance numbers: Jacqueline Fernandez
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan will entice you in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' as a beautiful poetess!
- Revamp your old Tees into a crop top! Watch how
- Can you guess how many Indian films made it to BBC's list of best 100 films? – Full list inside
- Easy ways to make facial mists! Check out
- Lady Gaga's song was Taapsee Pannu's inspiration for 'Pink'
- Will sing in 'Tubelight', rest depends on Salman: Arijit Singh
- Song alert! Riteish Deshmukh plays 'Banjo' to the tunes of 'Rada' out now!
- Beyonce dominates MTV Video Music Awards 2016
- Watch: Sushant Singh Rajput spills romance in 'Kaun Tujhe' from 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'