‘Indian’ Priyanka Chopra goes global
Mumbai: Former Miss World and actress Priyanka Chopra is now a singer. The lady, who has been busy giving shape to her singing career since last year is all geared up for the launch of her debut single ‘In My City’.
PC is currently busy promoting her flick ‘Barfi’ that also stars Ranbir Kapoor and Ileana D’Cruz. But she is also squeezing out time for her album that features will.i.am.
Talking to DNA about her song, Priyanka said, “I don`t want my music to be region specific, but have a global feel so that anyone listening to it across the world can relate to it just as easily, much like Shakira’s music. It is very strongly connected to the roots but has a strong global flavour.”
Sources close to the star maintain that the song featuring Will.i.am will indeed be launched at the National Football League kickoff.
So will Priyanka’s desi touch to a globalised song impress her fans abroad?
We will have to wait and watch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- You cannot take your eyes off 'sloth struck' Ranveer Singh lazing around!- See it to believe it
- Dance songs should not be called item numbers: Aditi Rao Hydari
- Arbaaz Khan speaks about his character in 'Tera Intezaar'- READ
- Kangana Ranaut looking forward to next project- Know all about it!
- Do's & Donts while worshipping a Shivling—A must read!
- Official Prince tribute concert set for October in Minnesota
- Tabla maestro Pt Lacchu Maharaj dies in Varanasi
- Beyonce to perform at MTV Video Music Awards 2016?
- Watch: Tiger Shroff - Jacqueline Fernandez’s fairytale romance in visually captivating song ‘Toota Jo Kabhi Tara’ from ‘A Flying Jatt’
- Taylor Swift snubbed at MTV Video Music Awards nominations!