‘Indian’ Priyanka Chopra goes global
Mumbai: Former Miss World and actress Priyanka Chopra is now a singer. The lady, who has been busy giving shape to her singing career since last year is all geared up for the launch of her debut single ‘In My City’.
PC is currently busy promoting her flick ‘Barfi’ that also stars Ranbir Kapoor and Ileana D’Cruz. But she is also squeezing out time for her album that features will.i.am.
Talking to DNA about her song, Priyanka said, “I don`t want my music to be region specific, but have a global feel so that anyone listening to it across the world can relate to it just as easily, much like Shakira’s music. It is very strongly connected to the roots but has a strong global flavour.”
Sources close to the star maintain that the song featuring Will.i.am will indeed be launched at the National Football League kickoff.
So will Priyanka’s desi touch to a globalised song impress her fans abroad?
We will have to wait and watch.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Richa Chadha collaborates with all-female production in New York
- Grateful to amazing people who made ‘Neerja' happen: Producer
- Riteish Deshmukh tweets an important life lesson on Shivaji Jayanti!
- Ashish Kaul appointed CEO of Prakash Jha Productions
- Rajkummar Rao's presence in Hansal Mehta's life has been 'transformative'
- Fortunate to get good songs: Arijit Singh
- Diljit, Badshah jamming for something new?
- Badrinath Ki Dulhania: Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt enchant us with their beautiful chemistry in ‘Humsafar’
- Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan singing 'Humsafar' song from 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania' is a must watch!
- Bollywood actors who have also inspired us by their singing