Kishore Kumar`s son to recreate `Naino Mein Sapna` magic for new `Himmatwala`
Mumbai: Legendary playback singer Kishore Kumar`s son Amit will be crooning the iconic song `Naino Mein Sapna` in the remake version of Jeetendra-Sridevi starrer `Himmatwala`.
Director Sajid Khan got Amit to re-record the chartbuster track in the new version of the film. Lata Mangeshkar and Kishore had lent their voices for the original song.
"We wanted to recreate the magic of `Naino Mein Sapna` song. The original was sung by a legend for the male version..So we wanted someone who can do justice to the iconic song," Sajid told PTI.
"Amit`s voice is too good. I feel no one except Amit could have sung `Naino Mein Sapna`. He has sung exactly like Kishore Kumarji," he said.
Shreya Ghoshal was chosen for the female voice. As the makers already had the rights to the song so they have retained first few lines from the original. The music has been given by Sajid-Wajid.
`Himmatwala` is the remake of the yesteryear`s superhit film with the same name, starring Jeetendra and Sridevi. The new one has Ajay Devgn and southern star Tamanna Bhatia playing the main leads.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parineeti Chopra keen to work with cousin Priyanka Chopra
- Manoj Bajpai spills the beans on his role in 'Sarkar 3'
- Pakistani artiste controversy: Producers thank cinema owners for backing 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release
- No one can make remake of magnum opus 'Mughal-e-Azam', says Randhir Kapoor
- Aishwarya Rai Bachchan talks about her relationship with Ranbir Kapoor in 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'
- Classical musicians are not entertainers: Amjad Ali Khan
- Taylor Swift to perform at Formula One concert!
- Arijit Singh's 'Nashe Si Chadh Gayi' from Ranveer Singh, Vaani Kapoor starrer 'Befikre' will leave you tripping
- 'Enormous market for music in India'
- Shah Rukh Khan is our favourite, says British pop rock band 'The Vamps'