Kolkata jazz singer Pam Crain is dead
Kolkata: Iconic jazz singer and performer Pam Crain, whose voice mesmerised generations of fans in the eastern metropolis, died here due to cardiac arrest, said her husband Don Saigal.
The 80-year-old crooner was suffering from respiratory problems that led to a cardiac arrest Wednesday.
Known for her singing talents that matched her beauty, Crain regaled masses and gave an identity to the city`s nightlife through her regular stints at various clubs in the city`s hip and stylish Park Street area.
She was aptly tagged as `Queen of Park Street` and was an inspiration to budding musicians including a young Usha Uthup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shows going great for 1D after Zayn Malik exit: Styles
- Salman plays down row over use of "Bhar Do Jholi" song in Bajrangi Bhaijaan
- Watch: Salman Khan, Kareena's Eid bonanza in 'Aaj Ki Party' from 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'!
- Amy Winehouse's 'Rehab' was cry for help: Asif Kapadia
- Eminem releases action-packed 'Phenomenal' music video