KS Chithra launches trust to help poor singers
Thiruvananthapuram: Playback singer K S Chithra is launching a trust to help needy and ailing musicians in the Malayalam film industry.
The ‘Snehanandana Charitable Trust’, named after her late daughter Nandana, drowned in a swimming pool last year, is being fomred in association with Malayalam channel ACV.
"There are lots of ailing and age-old musicians who find it difficult to both ends meet. Some of them are bed-ridden and fail to find money for their daily bread and medicines. This trust is to find and help such people," Chithra told a press meet here today.
The organisers had already found two deserving beneficieries and they would be given Rs 3000 as monthly pension. She, however, chose not to disclose the names of the initial beneficiaries.
The project would be extended to more people in course of time, she said.
Chief Minister Oommen Chandy would inaugurate the trust tomorrow at a function here, which would be followed by a music evening in which a number of leading playback singers would participate, ACV officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations
- Ironic twist to Raees promotion, man who died in Vadodara commotion wasn’t there to see Shah Rukh Khan
- Jallikattu issue: No law is infallible, says Kamal Haasan
- Priyanka Chopra says she misses speaking in Hindi – WATCH ‘Live with Kelly’ teasers
- Shah Rukh Khan says prayers are with family of man who died in Vadodara commotion during 'Raees' promotion
- Mika Singh's 'Dhingana' highlights Shah Rukh Khan's 'Raees' journey
- Akshay Kumar, Huma Qureshi's 'Go Pagal' song making video is a must watch!
- Akshay Kumar turns a 'Jolly good fellow' in this new promotional music video!
- Shahid Kapoor and Kangana Ranaut's brilliant chemistry in 'Yeh Ishq Hai' song from 'Rangoon' is a must WATCH!
- Shah Rukh Khan, Aditya Roy Kapoor and Hrithik Roshan revisit evergreen hits – Here’s how