Lata Mangeshkar conferred lifetime achievement award
Kolkata: Nightingale of India Lata Mangeshkar was Monday presented the lifetime achievement award for her contribution to Indian music at a function here.
Receiving the award, given by a Bengali news channel Chobbish Ghanta, Lata said there was lot of similarity between the cultures of West Bengal and Maharashtra.
"I have sung lot of songs in Bengali. I have also rendered lot of songs in Marathi. I think there are lot of similarities between the two cultures," the legendary singer said.
She said her entire family were great admirers of Ramakrishna Paramhansa and Swami Vivekananda.
Lata regretted that earlier she could speak Bengali, but found it difficult now due to lack of practice.
Human rights activist Binayak Sen and former renowned soccer player P.K. Banerjee were among those who received the Ananya Samman at the programme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karishma Tanna breaks silence on breakup with Upen Patel! - Read here
- Photo alert! Katrina Kaif and Sidharth Malhotra’s latest still from 'Baar Baar Dekho' is dayum hot
- Box Office report: Varun Dhawan, John Abraham's 'Dishoom' mints Rs 11.05 crore on opening day
- Sunny Deol my most favourite: Preity Zinta
- Singer Olly Murs hates being single
- Official Prince tribute concert set for October in Minnesota
- Tabla maestro Pt Lacchu Maharaj dies in Varanasi
- Beyonce to perform at MTV Video Music Awards 2016?
- Watch: Tiger Shroff - Jacqueline Fernandez’s fairytale romance in visually captivating song ‘Toota Jo Kabhi Tara’ from ‘A Flying Jatt’
- Taylor Swift snubbed at MTV Video Music Awards nominations!