Lata Mangeshkar felicitates sister Asha Bhosle
Mumbai: Singer Lata Mangeshkar felicitated younger sister Asha Bhosle with the Hridaynath Mangeshkar Award at a function that saw all the Mangeshkar siblings come together.
Asha, known for evergreen songs like ‘Dum maro dum’, ‘Mehbooba mehbooba’, ‘Mera kuch saaman’, ‘Piya tu ab to aaja’, ‘Chura liya hai tum ne’ and ‘Dil cheez kya hai’ during her six-decade career, performed live for three hours Sunday night.
Asha, 79, who was rewarded Rs.100,000, said she would add some more money and donate the entire amount to those affected by the drought here.
Her brother Hridaynath accompanied her in singing a few songs at the event, packed with fans.
It was rare to see the Mangeshkar siblings - Lata, Asha, Hridayanath, Usha and Meena - together.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here’s a portal where mothers can share parenting tips
- The scorching Sun won’t damage your hair if you follow these simple tips
- Sidharth-Jacqueline's next not sequel to 'Bang Bang'
- Bipasha Basu – Karan Singh Grover wedding: Here’s what Dino Morea has to say
- Aamir Khan's new bike contains metal of INS Vikrant
- Hrithik Roshan shares video where Katrina Kaif is singing! Watch it now
- Kesha legal battle: Singer releases her single post clash!
- Watch: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Punjabi swag in 'Tung Luk' from 'Sarbjit' will win your heart
- Ghulam Ali, Pt Jasraj perform on Sankat Mochan Sangeet Samaroh
- Armaan Malik honoured with Dadasaheb Phalke award!