Lata Mangeshkar felicitates sister Asha Bhosle
Mumbai: Singer Lata Mangeshkar felicitated younger sister Asha Bhosle with the Hridaynath Mangeshkar Award at a function that saw all the Mangeshkar siblings come together.
Asha, known for evergreen songs like ‘Dum maro dum’, ‘Mehbooba mehbooba’, ‘Mera kuch saaman’, ‘Piya tu ab to aaja’, ‘Chura liya hai tum ne’ and ‘Dil cheez kya hai’ during her six-decade career, performed live for three hours Sunday night.
Asha, 79, who was rewarded Rs.100,000, said she would add some more money and donate the entire amount to those affected by the drought here.
Her brother Hridaynath accompanied her in singing a few songs at the event, packed with fans.
It was rare to see the Mangeshkar siblings - Lata, Asha, Hridayanath, Usha and Meena - together.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Alive Indians band to dedicate performance to Uri attack victims
- Banning artistes gives victory to terrorists: Pakistani musician
- Musical tribute to Jagjit Singh by 'Tum Bin 2' makers
- Watch: Diljit Dosanjh's 'Do You Know' is so addictive you will play it on loop
- Ajay Devgn and Erika Kaar's romance in 'Darkhaast' is pure magic! Watch 'Shivaay' song here