Lata Mangeshkar felicitates sister Asha Bhosle
Mumbai: Singer Lata Mangeshkar felicitated younger sister Asha Bhosle with the Hridaynath Mangeshkar Award at a function that saw all the Mangeshkar siblings come together.
Asha, known for evergreen songs like ‘Dum maro dum’, ‘Mehbooba mehbooba’, ‘Mera kuch saaman’, ‘Piya tu ab to aaja’, ‘Chura liya hai tum ne’ and ‘Dil cheez kya hai’ during her six-decade career, performed live for three hours Sunday night.
Asha, 79, who was rewarded Rs.100,000, said she would add some more money and donate the entire amount to those affected by the drought here.
Her brother Hridaynath accompanied her in singing a few songs at the event, packed with fans.
It was rare to see the Mangeshkar siblings - Lata, Asha, Hridayanath, Usha and Meena - together.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mexico drops out of Miss Universe over Donald Trump tirade
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Arshad Warsi says 'Mata ka email' song doesn't intend to hurt anyone's sentiments
- 'Guddu Rangeela' conveys serious message with pinch of salt, says Arshad Warsi
- PIL against 'Mohalla Assi': HC fixes July 6 as date of hearing