Lata Mangeshkar felicitates sister Asha Bhosle
Mumbai: Singer Lata Mangeshkar felicitated younger sister Asha Bhosle with the Hridaynath Mangeshkar Award at a function that saw all the Mangeshkar siblings come together.
Asha, known for evergreen songs like ‘Dum maro dum’, ‘Mehbooba mehbooba’, ‘Mera kuch saaman’, ‘Piya tu ab to aaja’, ‘Chura liya hai tum ne’ and ‘Dil cheez kya hai’ during her six-decade career, performed live for three hours Sunday night.
Asha, 79, who was rewarded Rs.100,000, said she would add some more money and donate the entire amount to those affected by the drought here.
Her brother Hridaynath accompanied her in singing a few songs at the event, packed with fans.
It was rare to see the Mangeshkar siblings - Lata, Asha, Hridayanath, Usha and Meena - together.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Deepika Padukone will NOT attend Cannes Film Festival
- Acne breakout in summer? Follow these simple steps
- Prince George to attend private school that discourages best friends
- Phillauri Day 1 collections: Anushka Sharma's spooky act mints Rs 4 cr!
- Hugh Grant dances to Drake's song in 'Love Actually' short film
- Vidya Balan's 'Begum Jaan': 'Prem Mein Tohre' by Asha Bhosle highlights Anu Malik's musical brilliance
- Ranveer Singh and Rajkummar Rao jamming the 'Trapped' rap is a bonus for fans!
- Sonakshi Sinha in 'Gulabi 2.0' song from 'Noor' will pep up your boring day!
- Noor: Sonakshi Sinha lets her hair down, teases video of song 'Gulabi 2.0'
- Every film with AR Rahman is special journey, says Mani Ratnam