Lata Mangeshkar felicitates sister Asha Bhosle
Mumbai: Singer Lata Mangeshkar felicitated younger sister Asha Bhosle with the Hridaynath Mangeshkar Award at a function that saw all the Mangeshkar siblings come together.
Asha, known for evergreen songs like ‘Dum maro dum’, ‘Mehbooba mehbooba’, ‘Mera kuch saaman’, ‘Piya tu ab to aaja’, ‘Chura liya hai tum ne’ and ‘Dil cheez kya hai’ during her six-decade career, performed live for three hours Sunday night.
Asha, 79, who was rewarded Rs.100,000, said she would add some more money and donate the entire amount to those affected by the drought here.
Her brother Hridaynath accompanied her in singing a few songs at the event, packed with fans.
It was rare to see the Mangeshkar siblings - Lata, Asha, Hridayanath, Usha and Meena - together.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bharatiya Kautilya Sena burns effigy of Salman Khan
- Black buck case: HC allows Salman Khan's plea to summon witnesses for reexamination
- Revealed: Ex-couple Ranbir- Deepika go candid in `Tamasha` first still
- Joe Jackson recovering after three heart attacks
- Bobbi Kristina Brown's autopsy showed 'no significant injuries'