Lata Mangeshkar salutes Manna Dey`s spirit
New Delhi: Melody queen Lata Mangeshkar fondly remembered her association with singer Manna Dey saying she salutes his dedication and spirit.
The two have collaborated on innumerable hits like `Pyaar Huaa Ikraar Huaa`, `Chunari Sambhal Gori Udhi Chali`, `Yeh Raat Bheegi-Bheegi`, `Aaja Sanam Madhur Chandni Men` among others.
"Today, great classical singer Manna Dey sahab, who we fondly called Manna da, is not among us anymore. He had a very pleasant and easy personality. He was very dedicated to his work. I salute him and pray that his soul rests in peace," Mangeshkar reminisced on Twitter after Dey`s death.
Recalling her first song recording with the legendary singer, she said, "As far as I remember I sang composer Anil Biswas` classical song with him in the year 1947 or 1948. It was the first time we worked together."
Mangeshkar, 84, and Dey`s duet `Pyar Hua Ikraar Hua` from "Shri 420", picturised on Raj Kapoor and Nargis on a rainy night under an umbrella, is among the most popular romantic classic songs.
Dey, who was in and out of hospital in the last five months for respiratory and renal problems, died of cardiac arrest at 3:50 AM in Bangalore. He was 94.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Never wrote open letter to PM about Dawood: Sunil Grover
- Have to be obsessive to play a character: Shah Rukh Khan
- Hrithik Roshan judges his films with first copy itself
- Honesty, sincerity behind 'Dangal' worked in its favour: Director Nitesh Tiwari
- Bollywood stars praise Yuvraj Singh's incredible century!
- Akshay Kumar turns a 'Jolly good fellow' in this new promotional music video!
- Shahid Kapoor and Kangana Ranaut's brilliant chemistry in 'Yeh Ishq Hai' song from 'Rangoon' is a must WATCH!
- Shah Rukh Khan, Aditya Roy Kapoor and Hrithik Roshan revisit evergreen hits – Here’s how
- David Guetta concert: Mumbai, Delhi gig rescheduled to January 15
- Musical tribute to Kaifi Azmi on 98th birth anniversary