Lata Mangeshkar salutes Manna Dey`s spirit
New Delhi: Melody queen Lata Mangeshkar fondly remembered her association with singer Manna Dey saying she salutes his dedication and spirit.
The two have collaborated on innumerable hits like `Pyaar Huaa Ikraar Huaa`, `Chunari Sambhal Gori Udhi Chali`, `Yeh Raat Bheegi-Bheegi`, `Aaja Sanam Madhur Chandni Men` among others.
"Today, great classical singer Manna Dey sahab, who we fondly called Manna da, is not among us anymore. He had a very pleasant and easy personality. He was very dedicated to his work. I salute him and pray that his soul rests in peace," Mangeshkar reminisced on Twitter after Dey`s death.
Recalling her first song recording with the legendary singer, she said, "As far as I remember I sang composer Anil Biswas` classical song with him in the year 1947 or 1948. It was the first time we worked together."
Mangeshkar, 84, and Dey`s duet `Pyar Hua Ikraar Hua` from "Shri 420", picturised on Raj Kapoor and Nargis on a rainy night under an umbrella, is among the most popular romantic classic songs.
Dey, who was in and out of hospital in the last five months for respiratory and renal problems, died of cardiac arrest at 3:50 AM in Bangalore. He was 94.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Woah! Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur to share longest kiss in 'Fitoor'
- Katrina Kaif breaks silence over break-up with Ranbir Kapoor, here's what she has to say
- Gujarati theatre actor Markand Bhatt passes away
- I am not in awe of Kareena Kapoor Khan: Arjun Kapoor
- Hope to come up with rock album in year or two: Aditya Roy Kapoor
- Zayn Malik's album release coincides with 'One Direction' exit-anniversary
- 'Neerja': Sonam Kapoor in 'Aankhen Milayenge Darr Se' will stir you—Watch video!
- Who lifted a song from Salman Khan's film?
- Priyanka Chopra's 'Exotic' gets 80 mn views!
- Ali Zafar to do item song in 'Tere Bin Laden: Dead or Alive'