Lata Mangeshkar salutes Manna Dey`s spirit
New Delhi: Melody queen Lata Mangeshkar fondly remembered her association with singer Manna Dey saying she salutes his dedication and spirit.
The two have collaborated on innumerable hits like `Pyaar Huaa Ikraar Huaa`, `Chunari Sambhal Gori Udhi Chali`, `Yeh Raat Bheegi-Bheegi`, `Aaja Sanam Madhur Chandni Men` among others.
"Today, great classical singer Manna Dey sahab, who we fondly called Manna da, is not among us anymore. He had a very pleasant and easy personality. He was very dedicated to his work. I salute him and pray that his soul rests in peace," Mangeshkar reminisced on Twitter after Dey`s death.
Recalling her first song recording with the legendary singer, she said, "As far as I remember I sang composer Anil Biswas` classical song with him in the year 1947 or 1948. It was the first time we worked together."
Mangeshkar, 84, and Dey`s duet `Pyar Hua Ikraar Hua` from "Shri 420", picturised on Raj Kapoor and Nargis on a rainy night under an umbrella, is among the most popular romantic classic songs.
Dey, who was in and out of hospital in the last five months for respiratory and renal problems, died of cardiac arrest at 3:50 AM in Bangalore. He was 94.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jimmy Kimmel makes Dory pancakes for daughter
- Andrew Lincoln excited about 'Love Actually' sequel
- Oscars 2017: Asghar Farhadi's ‘The Salesman’ wins Best Foreign Language Film
- Oscars 2017: Jimmy Kimmel cracks Trump jokes as 89th Academy Awards
- Oscar 2017: Indian-origin actor Dev Patel loses Best supporting actor award to Mahershala Ali
- Arabic version of 'Zaalima' from 'Raees' will make you fall in love! - Watch
- Wiz Khalifa's sister dies at 32
- Badrinath Ki Dulhania: Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt's quirky antics steal the show in 'Aashiq Surrender Hua'
- Akshay Kumar happy with 'Tu Cheez Badi Hai Mast' song in 'Machine'!
- Anushka Sharma’s ‘Phillauri’: ‘Whats up’ - first wedding song of this season – Watch