Lata Mangeshkar salutes Manna Dey`s spirit
New Delhi: Melody queen Lata Mangeshkar fondly remembered her association with singer Manna Dey saying she salutes his dedication and spirit.
The two have collaborated on innumerable hits like `Pyaar Huaa Ikraar Huaa`, `Chunari Sambhal Gori Udhi Chali`, `Yeh Raat Bheegi-Bheegi`, `Aaja Sanam Madhur Chandni Men` among others.
"Today, great classical singer Manna Dey sahab, who we fondly called Manna da, is not among us anymore. He had a very pleasant and easy personality. He was very dedicated to his work. I salute him and pray that his soul rests in peace," Mangeshkar reminisced on Twitter after Dey`s death.
Recalling her first song recording with the legendary singer, she said, "As far as I remember I sang composer Anil Biswas` classical song with him in the year 1947 or 1948. It was the first time we worked together."
Mangeshkar, 84, and Dey`s duet `Pyar Hua Ikraar Hua` from "Shri 420", picturised on Raj Kapoor and Nargis on a rainy night under an umbrella, is among the most popular romantic classic songs.
Dey, who was in and out of hospital in the last five months for respiratory and renal problems, died of cardiac arrest at 3:50 AM in Bangalore. He was 94.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Diwali 2016: Colours that can add glamour to your attire
- Diwali 2016: Do-it-yourself tips to light up your home
- Kangana Ranaut takes a dig at Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra!
- Bigg Boss 10: Rohan Mehra instigates India wale Manu Punjabi, Navin Prakash and Manveer Gurjar
- Diwali 2016: Bipasha Basu gears up for the festival of lights– Here’s how