Lata Mangeshkar salutes Manna Dey`s spirit
New Delhi: Melody queen Lata Mangeshkar fondly remembered her association with singer Manna Dey saying she salutes his dedication and spirit.
The two have collaborated on innumerable hits like `Pyaar Huaa Ikraar Huaa`, `Chunari Sambhal Gori Udhi Chali`, `Yeh Raat Bheegi-Bheegi`, `Aaja Sanam Madhur Chandni Men` among others.
"Today, great classical singer Manna Dey sahab, who we fondly called Manna da, is not among us anymore. He had a very pleasant and easy personality. He was very dedicated to his work. I salute him and pray that his soul rests in peace," Mangeshkar reminisced on Twitter after Dey`s death.
Recalling her first song recording with the legendary singer, she said, "As far as I remember I sang composer Anil Biswas` classical song with him in the year 1947 or 1948. It was the first time we worked together."
Mangeshkar, 84, and Dey`s duet `Pyar Hua Ikraar Hua` from "Shri 420", picturised on Raj Kapoor and Nargis on a rainy night under an umbrella, is among the most popular romantic classic songs.
Dey, who was in and out of hospital in the last five months for respiratory and renal problems, died of cardiac arrest at 3:50 AM in Bangalore. He was 94.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Stick to my statement that Salman Khan killed Chinkara, says 'missing' driver
- Popularity of ghazals increasing, says Rekha Bhardwaj
- Vidya Balan used to wear jhumkas worth Rs 5
- Trailer out! 'Sunshine Music Tours and Travels' is the road trip every youth needs – Watch here
- Honoured to help create an image for Indian Railways: Ritu Beri
- Taylor Swift snubbed at MTV Video Music Awards nominations!
- Billboard 200 albums chart: Drake's 'Views' remains on top for 11th time
- Will Jennifer Lopez make tunes with Calvin Harris?
- Watch: Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra’s desi swag will make you go crazy!
- Singer Shweta Pandit gets married to Italian beau Ivano Fucci