Melody to make a comeback in Bollywood songs: Kumar Sanu
Jamshedpur: Known for his lilting tunes, leading playback singer Kumar Sanu is poised to stage a comeback and is upbeat that the era of melodious songs will return and take centre stage in Bollywood films soon.
"In fact, the process has already begun and no one can stop its (melodious songs) return", Kumar Sanu, who was in the steel city here to take part in a talent hunt programme last night, told newsmen.
"Last I had recorded for the Hindi movie ‘Rowdy Rathore’ But I will be recording songs for 60 movies soon," he said.
Sanu said melodious tunes had been relegated to the background for the last five/six years when western music had taken centre stage.
He said it was a cycle as styles keep changing. But the return of melodious songs was inevitable.
He denied that his songs were heard less nowadays. In fact, the present day songs were not of his style (melodious songs), he said.
Asked about the reality shows aired by various channels, a popular singer of the 1990s, Kumar Sanu said the shows provided a platform to showcase young talent but the effort will be proved meaningless if the talents were not nurtured properly.
"I do not think young talent can flourish without proper opportunity to exhibit their mettle," he said.
The Bollywood singer has suggested to the young talents to emphasis on routine practice.
Awarded the Filmfare Best Male Playback for five consecutive years since 1990, Kumar Sanu was honoured with the Padma Shri in 2009.
Sanu began his career singing Jagjit Singh`s film songs and went on to work with composers including Naushad, Ravindra Jain, Hridayanath Mangeshkar, Pt.R K Razdan, Kalyanji Anandji, and Usha Khanna.
He won his first Filmfare award for his songs in the film Aashiqui in 1990.
His next Filmfare Awards came for songs in the movies Saajan (1991), Deewana (1992), Baazigar (1993), and 1942: A Love Story (1994).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Commando 2' trailer is out! Vidyut Jammwal enthrals audience with mind-blowing stunts - WATCH
- Arms Act case: Being a friend I am happy for Salman Khan, says Daisy Shah
- Ali Fazal sponsors self-defence for girls in his family
- When Shah Rukh Khan visited Taj Mahal with his 'first income'
- 'Raees' Shah Rukh Khan is travelling from Mumbai to Delhi by train – See pics
- Mika Singh's 'Dhingana' highlights Shah Rukh Khan's 'Raees' journey
- Akshay Kumar, Huma Qureshi's 'Go Pagal' song making video is a must watch!
- Akshay Kumar turns a 'Jolly good fellow' in this new promotional music video!
- Shahid Kapoor and Kangana Ranaut's brilliant chemistry in 'Yeh Ishq Hai' song from 'Rangoon' is a must WATCH!
- Shah Rukh Khan, Aditya Roy Kapoor and Hrithik Roshan revisit evergreen hits – Here’s how