Michael Jackson`s doc took 20k pounds per day as fees for star
London: Michael Jackson`s physician, Conrad Murray, had demanded 20,000 pounds a day as fees to look after the singer in London during his planned comeback tour, a court has heard.
Attorney Kathy Jorrie told an LA court that Murray also asked for a "back-up" medic to allow him to go sightseeing in London, and a CPR machine because he feared "anything could go wrong" during the 50 gigs at the O2 Arena, it was alleged.
According to Jorrie, Murray had eventually agreed a 100,000-pound a-month pay deal but the King of Pop died before the tour.
Jackson`s mum and kids have filed a wrongful death case against music promoters AEG .
Murray is currently serving a four-year jail term for the singer`s involuntary manslaughter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- HC seeks filmmaker's response on Kashmir documentary screening
- Bharatiya Kautilya Sena burns effigy of Salman Khan
- Black buck case: HC allows Salman Khan's plea to summon witnesses for reexamination
- Revealed: Ex-couple Ranbir- Deepika go candid in `Tamasha` first still
- Joe Jackson recovering after three heart attacks