Monica Dogra composes her first Bollywood track
New Delhi: Singer-actress Monica Dogra, who has been associated with the country`s indie music scene and has sung for Hindi movies too, will now compose her first Bollywood track for the forthcoming movie `Fireflies`.
For Sabal Singh Shekhawat`s `Fireflies`, in which Monica also plays the lead role with Rahul Khanna, she has composed a song and it is said to be soulful and true to her trademark style.
Confirming this, Monica said in a statement: "When `Fireflies` happened, I had written a few songs and got the director to hear them. As soon as that happened, Sabal loved them and asked me to use them in the movie.
"So I decided why not. What better way to combine all 3 of my loves together - acting, singing and composing music."
Apart from being a popular independent artist, Monica has lent her vocals in the past to songs like `Dooriyan bhi hai zaroori` from the film `Break Ke Baad`.
On the acting front, she has featured in films like `Dhobi Ghat` and `David`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar and Raveena Tandon's popular song all set for a reprised version!
- Justin Bieber's India concert: Sale of tickets to go live on February 22
- Fortunate to get good songs: Arijit Singh
- Diljit, Badshah jamming for something new?
- Badrinath Ki Dulhania: Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt enchant us with their beautiful chemistry in ‘Humsafar’