Monica Dogra composes her first Bollywood track
New Delhi: Singer-actress Monica Dogra, who has been associated with the country`s indie music scene and has sung for Hindi movies too, will now compose her first Bollywood track for the forthcoming movie `Fireflies`.
For Sabal Singh Shekhawat`s `Fireflies`, in which Monica also plays the lead role with Rahul Khanna, she has composed a song and it is said to be soulful and true to her trademark style.
Confirming this, Monica said in a statement: "When `Fireflies` happened, I had written a few songs and got the director to hear them. As soon as that happened, Sabal loved them and asked me to use them in the movie.
"So I decided why not. What better way to combine all 3 of my loves together - acting, singing and composing music."
Apart from being a popular independent artist, Monica has lent her vocals in the past to songs like `Dooriyan bhi hai zaroori` from the film `Break Ke Baad`.
On the acting front, she has featured in films like `Dhobi Ghat` and `David`.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- VHP, Bajrang Dal seek cancellation of Pakistani singer Shafqat Amanat Ali's concert
- Treat for fans of Carnatic music on Vijayadashami in Dubai
- Birthday special: Top 10 Lata Mangeshkar's compositions that will make you fall in love again!
- Uttam Singh named for Maharashtra's 'Lata Mangeshkar Award'!
- Alive Indians band to dedicate performance to Uri attack victims