My efforts have paid off with `Highway`: Jonita Gandhi
Chennai: Bollywood playback singer Jonita Gandhi, who has collaborated with double Oscar-winning composer AR Rahman in forthcoming film ‘Highway’, says her efforts have paid off with the album, which has turned out to be a chartbuster.
"It`s been a childhood dream to be a singer but that Bollywood would happen so soon, was not something that I had expected. I feel my efforts have paid off with `Highway` and I would not want to look back from here on," Jonita said in a statement.
"I have grown up listening to AR Rahman`s compositions and he has been a true inspiration for me throughout my career. When I was asked to sing for the film, it was nothing less than a thrilling moment for me," she added.
Jonita`s Bollywood career started with the upbeat title track from ‘Chennai Express’.
In Imtiaz Ali`s ‘Highway’, Jonita has crooned ‘Kahan Hoon Main’ and ‘Implosive Silence’. While the former is a rendition of western and Indian music with soulful expression, the latter is an enigmatic piece ornamented by humming.
‘Highway’ starring Randeep Hooda and Alia Bhatt is releasing Feb 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Manoj Kumar receives Phalke Award, presents idol to President
- 63rd National Film Awards: Amitabh Bachchan, Kangana Ranaut receive top honours
- Jacqueline Fernandez keeps mystery alive on her relationship status
- Pakistani actors Adnan Siddiqui, Sajal Aly set to debut in Bollywood film!
- Few real women look like as shown in movies, says new survey!
- Hrithik Roshan joins hand with transgender band for a cause
- Hrithik Roshan shares video where Katrina Kaif is singing! Watch it now
- Kesha legal battle: Singer releases her single post clash!
- Watch: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Punjabi swag in 'Tung Luk' from 'Sarbjit' will win your heart
- Ghulam Ali, Pt Jasraj perform on Sankat Mochan Sangeet Samaroh