My efforts have paid off with `Highway`: Jonita Gandhi
Chennai: Bollywood playback singer Jonita Gandhi, who has collaborated with double Oscar-winning composer AR Rahman in forthcoming film ‘Highway’, says her efforts have paid off with the album, which has turned out to be a chartbuster.
"It`s been a childhood dream to be a singer but that Bollywood would happen so soon, was not something that I had expected. I feel my efforts have paid off with `Highway` and I would not want to look back from here on," Jonita said in a statement.
"I have grown up listening to AR Rahman`s compositions and he has been a true inspiration for me throughout my career. When I was asked to sing for the film, it was nothing less than a thrilling moment for me," she added.
Jonita`s Bollywood career started with the upbeat title track from ‘Chennai Express’.
In Imtiaz Ali`s ‘Highway’, Jonita has crooned ‘Kahan Hoon Main’ and ‘Implosive Silence’. While the former is a rendition of western and Indian music with soulful expression, the latter is an enigmatic piece ornamented by humming.
‘Highway’ starring Randeep Hooda and Alia Bhatt is releasing Feb 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Varun Dhawan – Alia Bhatt’s ‘Badrinath Ki Dulhania’ scores a century!
- Raveena Tandon’s ‘Maatr’: Impactful teaser out! WATCH
- Akshay Kumar’s boxing session with ‘little goons’ is the cutest thing you will WATCH today
- Kapil Sharma forced to cancel shoot after boycott by team, Bollywood celebs?
- Phillauri movie tweet review
- Ranveer Singh and Rajkummar Rao jamming the 'Trapped' rap is a bonus for fans!
- Sonakshi Sinha in 'Gulabi 2.0' song from 'Noor' will pep up your boring day!
- Noor: Sonakshi Sinha lets her hair down, teases video of song 'Gulabi 2.0'
- Every film with AR Rahman is special journey, says Mani Ratnam
- Notice sent to SP Balasubrahmanyam for performing Ilayairaaja's composition