My efforts have paid off with `Highway`: Jonita Gandhi
Chennai: Bollywood playback singer Jonita Gandhi, who has collaborated with double Oscar-winning composer AR Rahman in forthcoming film ‘Highway’, says her efforts have paid off with the album, which has turned out to be a chartbuster.
"It`s been a childhood dream to be a singer but that Bollywood would happen so soon, was not something that I had expected. I feel my efforts have paid off with `Highway` and I would not want to look back from here on," Jonita said in a statement.
"I have grown up listening to AR Rahman`s compositions and he has been a true inspiration for me throughout my career. When I was asked to sing for the film, it was nothing less than a thrilling moment for me," she added.
Jonita`s Bollywood career started with the upbeat title track from ‘Chennai Express’.
In Imtiaz Ali`s ‘Highway’, Jonita has crooned ‘Kahan Hoon Main’ and ‘Implosive Silence’. While the former is a rendition of western and Indian music with soulful expression, the latter is an enigmatic piece ornamented by humming.
‘Highway’ starring Randeep Hooda and Alia Bhatt is releasing Feb 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Badshah's Hindi cover of Justin Bieber’s 'Sorry' is out and, dayum, it's addictive!
- Baar Baar Dekho: Brand new ‘Kala Chashma’ still featuring Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra
- 'Happy Bhag Jayegi': 'Aashiq Tera' track highlights the love triangle between Diana Penty, Abhay Deol, Ali Fazal—Watch video
- Hrithik Roshan, Pooja Hegde drench in colours of old-age romance in 'Sarsariya' from 'Mohenjo Daro'!
- Watch 'Kala Chashma' teaser: Check out Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra's desi swag