My efforts have paid off with `Highway`: Jonita Gandhi
Chennai: Bollywood playback singer Jonita Gandhi, who has collaborated with double Oscar-winning composer AR Rahman in forthcoming film ‘Highway’, says her efforts have paid off with the album, which has turned out to be a chartbuster.
"It`s been a childhood dream to be a singer but that Bollywood would happen so soon, was not something that I had expected. I feel my efforts have paid off with `Highway` and I would not want to look back from here on," Jonita said in a statement.
"I have grown up listening to AR Rahman`s compositions and he has been a true inspiration for me throughout my career. When I was asked to sing for the film, it was nothing less than a thrilling moment for me," she added.
Jonita`s Bollywood career started with the upbeat title track from ‘Chennai Express’.
In Imtiaz Ali`s ‘Highway’, Jonita has crooned ‘Kahan Hoon Main’ and ‘Implosive Silence’. While the former is a rendition of western and Indian music with soulful expression, the latter is an enigmatic piece ornamented by humming.
‘Highway’ starring Randeep Hooda and Alia Bhatt is releasing Feb 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sidharth Malhotra felt wonderful doing the US tour! READ
- I still feel I have a lot more to do and achieve says Jacqueline Fernandez
- Expectations soaring high! Beyonce gearing up to perform at 2016 MTV Video Music Awards?
- Salman Khan's 'Being SalMan: The Official Game' is out for you to 'Khelo'
- Arbaaz Khan feels he is more suited for second lead!
- Watch: Sushant Singh Rajput spills romance in 'Kaun Tujhe' from 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Usher announces new album 'Hard II Love'
- Rumoured girlfriend Iulia Vantur to croon Salman Khan's 'Main Hoon Hero Tera'?
- Dwayne Bravo all set to make singing debut in Bollywood! - Details inside
- Vishal-Shekhar, UK-based band collaborate for 'Beliya'