My efforts have paid off with `Highway`: Jonita Gandhi
Chennai: Bollywood playback singer Jonita Gandhi, who has collaborated with double Oscar-winning composer AR Rahman in forthcoming film ‘Highway’, says her efforts have paid off with the album, which has turned out to be a chartbuster.
"It`s been a childhood dream to be a singer but that Bollywood would happen so soon, was not something that I had expected. I feel my efforts have paid off with `Highway` and I would not want to look back from here on," Jonita said in a statement.
"I have grown up listening to AR Rahman`s compositions and he has been a true inspiration for me throughout my career. When I was asked to sing for the film, it was nothing less than a thrilling moment for me," she added.
Jonita`s Bollywood career started with the upbeat title track from ‘Chennai Express’.
In Imtiaz Ali`s ‘Highway’, Jonita has crooned ‘Kahan Hoon Main’ and ‘Implosive Silence’. While the former is a rendition of western and Indian music with soulful expression, the latter is an enigmatic piece ornamented by humming.
‘Highway’ starring Randeep Hooda and Alia Bhatt is releasing Feb 21.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'—Celebrate heartbreak ala Ranbir Kapoor-Anushka Sharma in 'Channa Mereya' song! Watch now
- 'Rock On!! 2' band member Shraddha Kapoor aka Jiah releases her new single 'Tere Mere Dil'! Watch now
- Zayn Malik shares the reason for quitting One Direction
- VHP, Bajrang Dal seek cancellation of Pakistani singer Shafqat Amanat Ali's concert
- Treat for fans of Carnatic music on Vijayadashami in Dubai