National award winning music director passes away
Guwahati: National-award-winning music director Sher Choudhury died at the B Barooah Cancer Hospital here today after prolonged illness.
Choudhury (71), suffering from cancer since last year, was a bachelor.
Choudhury received national award for best music director for the Gautam Bora directed film `Wosobipo`
His first film as music director was `Prothom Ragini`, directed by late Dhiru Bhuyan, for which he received an award from EIMPA. He was also chief assistant director and art director of that film.
Choudhury had also composed music for Sanjib Hazarika`s national-award winning film `Halodhar`.
He gave music for award-winning films like `Mimangsha`, `I Killed Him Sir`, `Raag Birag`, `Adajyo`, `Rongbin`, `Chakrabehu`, `Nissihido Nodi`, `Ahir-Bhairav` and `Dwaar-The Voyage Out`.
Choudhury won best music director award for `Raag Birag`, Adajyo` and `Nishiddho Nodi` in Assam.
He composed music for several documentary films and directed the documentary `Sound of the dying Colours` which won the best promotional national film award.
An excellent mandolin player, Choudhury was closely associated with Bhupen Hazarika.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Iulia Vantur celebrated her birthday with this Bollywood celebrity – Pics inside
- Salman Khan black buck poaching case: Court to pronounce verdict today
- Former ‘Bigg Boss’ contestant Mandana Karimi engaged; wedding bells to ring soon
- Shravan 2016: Today is the first Somwar - Know what you need to do
- Centuries-old fair symbolising maize blossom begins in Himachal
- Ayushmann Khurrana rocks Seattle with his moonwalk, singing! Watch video
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Here's how Parineeti Chopra-Varun Dhawan rehearsed for 'Janemann Aah' from 'Dishoom' ! Watch video
- One Direction's Liam Payne ready to launch solo career
- Actors singing is a very good trend: Ayushmann Khurrana