Nothing musical about ‘Ragini MMS’
Mumbai: The music album of `Ragini MMS` is not a mammoth album; so there is hardly anything to look forward to. With just four songs, it will not take much of your time.
The album begins with the original version of "Raat akeli hai", a popular song from the 1967 hit "Jewel Thief". Unlike most old songs used today, this one retains its original character and has not been worked upon or remixed. It`s used in its original form.
Then romance flaps its wings again with "Itne kareeb aao", crooned by Raaj. The song has influences of jazz and is sung in a sensual tone. With less orchestration and a number of variations, the song brings forward a different sound and is worth a hear.
Next in line is the title track of the film "Ragini", sung by Faizan Hussain and Agnel Roman. It`s more of a song that can be used in the background score. Rap is a dominant feature in the song that gives out the theme of the film.
Finally, there is another relatively old composition used in the film. This time it is Bappi Lahiri and Shweta Shetty singing "You are my fish fry". This one has also been used in its original form and no changes have been made to the song, which was originally in the film "Rock Dancer".
On the whole, the album is not such a treat for music buffs but stays close to the theme of the film.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kavita Kaushik fumes, walks out of ‘Jhalak Dikhhla...’ grand finale- Know why
- ‘Jazbaa’ tweet review
- Shah Rukh Khan’s message to Pakistan’s Mahira Khan- ‘Uff’ we will look good in ‘Raees’
- Watch: Shah Rukh Khan’s Brazilian fan pays tribute to Indian culture
- Shahid Kapoor, Alia Bhatt to appear in Salman Khan’s ‘Bigg Boss 9’?
- Ghulam Ali agrees to perform in Delhi, Arvind Kejriwal thanks veteran singer
- Watch: Ranbir, Deepika in 'Matargashti' from 'Tamasha'!
- Watch: 'Insomniacs' Alia, Shahid in 'Neend Na Mujhko Aaye'!
- Ghulam Ali imbroglio: Pakistani censor chief wants South Block to step in
- A R Rahman to receive Hridaynath Mangeshkar Award