Pakistani singer Zubaida Khanum dies at 78
Karachi: Renowned playback Lollywood singer Zubaida Khanum died on Saturday, after suffering a fatal heart attack. She was 78.
Khanum was suffering from prolonged heart ailments for the past few years and was residing with her sons in West Wood Colony in Lahore.
Her condition worsened on Saturday after which Khanum was rushed to a hospital near her house where doctors pronounced her dead, Dawn reported.
She was born in 1935 in Amritsar and started her playback singing career in Lollywood in 1951 with the film `Billo,` and was recognised early on for her melodious voice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mika Singh's 'Dhingana' highlights Shah Rukh Khan's 'Raees' journey
- Akshay Kumar, Huma Qureshi's 'Go Pagal' song making video is a must watch!
- Akshay Kumar turns a 'Jolly good fellow' in this new promotional music video!
- Shahid Kapoor and Kangana Ranaut's brilliant chemistry in 'Yeh Ishq Hai' song from 'Rangoon' is a must WATCH!
- Shah Rukh Khan, Aditya Roy Kapoor and Hrithik Roshan revisit evergreen hits – Here’s how