Pakistani singer Zubaida Khanum dies at 78
Karachi: Renowned playback Lollywood singer Zubaida Khanum died on Saturday, after suffering a fatal heart attack. She was 78.
Khanum was suffering from prolonged heart ailments for the past few years and was residing with her sons in West Wood Colony in Lahore.
Her condition worsened on Saturday after which Khanum was rushed to a hospital near her house where doctors pronounced her dead, Dawn reported.
She was born in 1935 in Amritsar and started her playback singing career in Lollywood in 1951 with the film `Billo,` and was recognised early on for her melodious voice.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Widows break taboo by celebrating Diwali inside temple
- Konkona Sen Sharma wins top honour at Mumbai Film Fest
- 'Mango Dreams' a film about India-Pakistan partition survivor received positively at Jio MAMI Mumbai Film Festival
- Check out these instant snack ideas for Diwali parties
- Here's how Deepika Padukone plans to celebrate her Diwali