Pandit Jasraj to get Maha govt`s music award
Mumbai: Noted Hindustani classical singer Pandit Jasraj was today named recipient of Maharashtra government`s top award to honour contribution in the field of music.
Named after late classical vocalist Bhimsen Joshi, the award has been instituted by the state government to promote classical music and recognises an individual`s prolonged contribution in the field of classical vocal and instrumental.
The `Bharat Ratna Bhimsen Joshi classical music life achievement award` carries Rs 5 lakh and a citation, Director of Cultural Affairs of the state government, Ashutosh Ghorpade said.
Popular music composer Ashok Patki has been selected for the state government`s Lata Mangeshkar award for 2013-14, he said. The award carries Rs 5 lakh and citation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Playing Sikh man in a serious film was tough: Vir Das
- Hansal Mehta reveals Rajkummar's look from 'Omerta' on his birthday
- Amitabh Bachchan to host 'Savdhaan India'
- Sonakshi Sinha will emerge as role model: Shatrughan Sinha
- Alia Bhatt to turn 'Dulhania' for Badrinath aka Varun Dhawan one more time! Picture blast
- Observed Ranbir's style to sing 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' song: Arijit Singh
- Watch: Baba Sehgal is breaking internet with his song on Donald Trump's presidential campaign
- Lady Gaga's song was Taapsee Pannu's inspiration for 'Pink'
- Will sing in 'Tubelight', rest depends on Salman: Arijit Singh
- Song alert! Riteish Deshmukh plays 'Banjo' to the tunes of 'Rada' out now!