Pandit Jasraj to get Maha govt`s music award
Mumbai: Noted Hindustani classical singer Pandit Jasraj was today named recipient of Maharashtra government`s top award to honour contribution in the field of music.
Named after late classical vocalist Bhimsen Joshi, the award has been instituted by the state government to promote classical music and recognises an individual`s prolonged contribution in the field of classical vocal and instrumental.
The `Bharat Ratna Bhimsen Joshi classical music life achievement award` carries Rs 5 lakh and a citation, Director of Cultural Affairs of the state government, Ashutosh Ghorpade said.
Popular music composer Ashok Patki has been selected for the state government`s Lata Mangeshkar award for 2013-14, he said. The award carries Rs 5 lakh and citation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Priyanka Chopra's 'Quantico' to talk about Donald Trump, immigration policies
- Paul Walker was like an older brother to me: Scott Eastwood
- 'Bigg Boss 10' winner Manveer Gurjar is disappointed with Aakanksha Sharmaa! - Watch
- Salman Khan has always stood by me as friend: Raveena Tandon
- Sunil Grover OUT of 'The Kapil Sharma Show'? Here's the TRUTH
- Noor: Sonakshi Sinha lets her hair down, teases video of song 'Gulabi 2.0'
- Every film with AR Rahman is special journey, says Mani Ratnam
- Notice sent to SP Balasubrahmanyam for performing Ilayairaaja's composition
- Sunny Leone to perform at Justin Bieber's India gig? Here’s the truth
- Justin Bieber Purpose India tour: Jacqueline Fernandez to play host to pop sensation