Pandit Jasraj to get Maha govt`s music award
Mumbai: Noted Hindustani classical singer Pandit Jasraj was today named recipient of Maharashtra government`s top award to honour contribution in the field of music.
Named after late classical vocalist Bhimsen Joshi, the award has been instituted by the state government to promote classical music and recognises an individual`s prolonged contribution in the field of classical vocal and instrumental.
The `Bharat Ratna Bhimsen Joshi classical music life achievement award` carries Rs 5 lakh and a citation, Director of Cultural Affairs of the state government, Ashutosh Ghorpade said.
Popular music composer Ashok Patki has been selected for the state government`s Lata Mangeshkar award for 2013-14, he said. The award carries Rs 5 lakh and citation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zayn Malik deserves happiness: Rebecca Ferguson
- 'MS Dhoni: The Untold Story' crosses Rs 20 crore mark in India on opening day
- IMPPA ban on Pakistani actors has no relevance: Pahlaj Nihalani
- Karan Patel deletes his angry social media post against Pakistan – Know why
- Won't let 'Ae Dil Hai Mushqil' and 'Raees' release: Raj Thackeray
- Navratri Special: You simply can not afford to miss Arijit Singh's 'Maiya Teri Jai Jaikaar' – Watch
- First day of Bollywood Music Project ends with a bang
- Amit Trivedi's father passes away, friends Vishal-Shekhar step in for him at Bollywood Music Project
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'—Celebrate heartbreak ala Ranbir Kapoor-Anushka Sharma in 'Channa Mereya' song! Watch now
- 'Rock On!! 2' band member Shraddha Kapoor aka Jiah releases her new single 'Tere Mere Dil'! Watch now