Pankaj Udhas roots for comeback of `ghazalnuma` songs
Mumbai: Ghazal maestro Pankaj Udhas, who has crooned numbers like ‘Jeeyein toh jeeyein kaise’ and ‘Na kajre ki dhaar’ in Bollywood movies, feels the era of ghazals in films will come back soon.
"I have not stopped (singing in films) but yes, there has been no song of mine in films for a long time. I`m open to singing if there is a good song," the 62-year-old said here Friday at the press meet of Khazzana, a ghazal concert.
"I am hoping for ghazalnuma songs to comeback, like there was `Jeeyein toh jeeyein kaise` in `Saajan`. Those songs will come back and I feel that that time is not very far," he added.
In 2006, Pankaj Udhas was awarded the Padmashri for his glorious ghazal singing career. Besides films, he has released a whole lot of private albums.
Some of his other popular songs include "Chitthi aayi hai", "Main deewana hoon" and "Chhupana bhi nahi aata".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shows going great for 1D after Zayn Malik exit: Styles
- Salman plays down row over use of "Bhar Do Jholi" song in Bajrangi Bhaijaan
- Watch: Salman Khan, Kareena's Eid bonanza in 'Aaj Ki Party' from 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'!
- Amy Winehouse's 'Rehab' was cry for help: Asif Kapadia
- Eminem releases action-packed 'Phenomenal' music video