Playback singing has lost its glory days: Shaan
Mumbai: Singer Shaan, known for his mesmerizing voice, feels playback singing has lost its charm and that actors should start singing their own songs.
"Playback singing has actually lost its glory days. It would be a very good trend if actors should sing their own songs. In the West, people get shocked when I say I have lent my voice for so and so actor. They say why don`t they sing it themselves. Abroad they all sing their own songs and this is a very good trend."
The signer says he is not worried about being jobless if the trend catchs on and added: "We will do something else. Changes will come."
Recently, songs like ‘Kolavari Di’ and ‘Bhag DK Bose’ turned out to be chartbusters and Shaan says nonsense stuff gets maximum hits.
"The song is not made in any delusion. They themselves are saying that this is nonsense lyrics. These days, people have also started liking nonsense stuff," the 39-year-old said.
"Go and check in You Tube, you will get to see maximum number of hits is for nonsense stuff. People are enjoying stupid and non sense things. If you package this thing in a new way it has got maximum potential compared to sensible things," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Producer's Guild hold emergency meet after 'Dishoom' leak threat
- WhatsApp chat between Hrithik Roshan and his mother will give you fitness goals! View inside
- Elvis Presley almost choked himself to death with drugs
- Nora Fatehi not happy with Salman Yusuf Khan's entry in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9'?
- Salman Khan plans a special birthday party for alleged girlfriend Iulia Vantur? - Know more
- Amaal Mallik excited about his 'Baar Baar Dekho' track
- Here's how Parineeti Chopra-Varun Dhawan rehearsed for 'Janemann Aah' from 'Dishoom' ! Watch video
- One Direction's Liam Payne ready to launch solo career
- Actors singing is a very good trend: Ayushmann Khurrana
- Google's Doodle tribute to Bollywood singer Mukesh