PM releases Amjad Ali Khan`s new album
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Monday released Sarod maestro Ustad Amjad Ali Khan`s new album "Sarod symphony".
The album also features the musician`s sons - Amaan Ali Khan and Ayaan Ali Khan.
"Sarod Symphony has been a very special project for us. It is indeed unique in many ways. For one, this is the first time that Sarod will be heard in a very different space and flavour. And secondly, it the first recording of us with an Orchestra," Ayaan said in a press statement.
"For us, this has been an extremely overwhelming, emotional and exciting process. We would like to express our gratitude to Stephan Devassy for his genius in programming and arrangement and the legendary Bob Katz for the most spellbinding mastering," he added.
"Sarod Symphony" by Times Music presents some of Ustad Amjad Ali Khan`s timeless compositions in a symphony.
It is an attempt to showcase the magnificence of both styles of music, while preserving the identity and purity of the Indian raga as well as the stately grandeur of Western classical music.
The music is arranged and conducted by the renowned music arranger Stephan Devassy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman Khan, Shah Rukh Khan's 'Bigg Boss 9' promo was not offensive: Delhi Police to court
- Victoria, David Beckham separation slammed as 'all rubbish'
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!
- Arjun Kapoor- Kareena Kapoor’s ‘Ki and Ka’ debate – Watch, it’s funny
- Farah Khan marks triplet's birthday with 3 mn Twitter fans!