PM releases Amjad Ali Khan`s new album
New Delhi: Prime Minister Manmohan Singh Monday released Sarod maestro Ustad Amjad Ali Khan`s new album "Sarod symphony".
The album also features the musician`s sons - Amaan Ali Khan and Ayaan Ali Khan.
"Sarod Symphony has been a very special project for us. It is indeed unique in many ways. For one, this is the first time that Sarod will be heard in a very different space and flavour. And secondly, it the first recording of us with an Orchestra," Ayaan said in a press statement.
"For us, this has been an extremely overwhelming, emotional and exciting process. We would like to express our gratitude to Stephan Devassy for his genius in programming and arrangement and the legendary Bob Katz for the most spellbinding mastering," he added.
"Sarod Symphony" by Times Music presents some of Ustad Amjad Ali Khan`s timeless compositions in a symphony.
It is an attempt to showcase the magnificence of both styles of music, while preserving the identity and purity of the Indian raga as well as the stately grandeur of Western classical music.
The music is arranged and conducted by the renowned music arranger Stephan Devassy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jaya and Amitabh Bachchan living separately: Amar Singh makes shocking revelations
- Ironic twist to Raees promotion, man who died in Vadodara commotion wasn’t there to see Shah Rukh Khan
- Jallikattu issue: No law is infallible, says Kamal Haasan
- Priyanka Chopra says she misses speaking in Hindi – WATCH ‘Live with Kelly’ teasers
- Shah Rukh Khan says prayers are with family of man who died in Vadodara commotion during 'Raees' promotion
- Mika Singh's 'Dhingana' highlights Shah Rukh Khan's 'Raees' journey
- Akshay Kumar, Huma Qureshi's 'Go Pagal' song making video is a must watch!
- Akshay Kumar turns a 'Jolly good fellow' in this new promotional music video!
- Shahid Kapoor and Kangana Ranaut's brilliant chemistry in 'Yeh Ishq Hai' song from 'Rangoon' is a must WATCH!
- Shah Rukh Khan, Aditya Roy Kapoor and Hrithik Roshan revisit evergreen hits – Here’s how