Positive response to her debut song excites Priyanka
Mumbai: Actress Priyanka Chopra, whose debut single "In My City" sales reportedly crossed 100,000 mark within a week of its release, is amazed at the response and hopes it opens up doors for aspiring artists.
"I don`t think anybody expected that, you know, these kind of numbers would happen in India, a market where you don`t see that kind of numbers for music. It`s really fascinating and exciting for us that it does happen," the 30-year-old said here Tuesday through video conference at the fourth edition of Nokia Music Connects.
"You know it has broken such barriers which will open up music to Indian culture. And we have so much talent in India when it comes to music that I hope this springs opportunities for so many other artists in India," she added.
Priyanka`s debut single "In My City" released September this year and also features international music artist Will.i.am.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amit Trivedi's father passes away, friends Vishal-Shekhar step in for him at Bollywood Music Project
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil'—Celebrate heartbreak ala Ranbir Kapoor-Anushka Sharma in 'Channa Mereya' song! Watch now
- 'Rock On!! 2' band member Shraddha Kapoor aka Jiah releases her new single 'Tere Mere Dil'! Watch now
- Zayn Malik shares the reason for quitting One Direction
- VHP, Bajrang Dal seek cancellation of Pakistani singer Shafqat Amanat Ali's concert