Mumbai: Not too many people know this, but Pran has a hugely impressive body of songs associated with his characters on screen. Here`s looking at Pran`s chartbusters.
* Kasme vaade pyar wafa: `Upkar` (sung by Manna Dey)
* Jeena toh hai usski jissne yeh raaz jaana hai kaam aadmi ka auron ke kaam aana: `Adhikar`. This evergreen qawaalli sung by Mohd Rafi and filmed on Pran embodies Pran`s real-life philosophy.
* Yaari hai imaan mera: `Zanjeer`. When Manna Dey sang for a second time for Pran after `Upkar`, it had to be something special. This qawwalli was a bigger hit than the other Kalyanji-Ananji chartbusters in `Zanjeer`.
* Raaz ki baat kehn doon toh: `Dharm`. The qawwalli sung by Asha Bhosle and Mohammad Rafi and filmed on Bindu and Pran dragged this potboiler to a blockbuster level.
* Hum bolega toh bologe ki bolta hai: `Kasauti`. The film again got its box office clout solely from this Kishore Kumar song filmed on Pran.
* Phir na kehna Michael daroo peekey danga karta hai: `Majboor`. A Goan tune composed by Laxmikant-Pyarelal and sung with gusto by Kishore Kumar. Interestingly, Kishoreda also sang for the Big B in `Majboor`.
* Do bechare bina sahaare: `Victoria 203`. The song was a rage. Mahendra Kapoor sang for Pran while Kishore Kumar crooned for his brother Ashok Kumar.