Prasoon Joshi`s `Uff` tribute to Shammi Kapoor
Mumbai: Lyricist Prasoon Joshi has penned a song titled "Jab se mere dil ko uff" for the forthcoming film ‘Tere Meri Kahaani’ and says that the world "Uff" reminds him of late Bollywood legend Shammi Kapoor.
Sung by Sonu Niigaam and Sunidhi Chauhan, "Jab se mere dil ko uff" is a tribute to Shammi Kapoor who died last year. The star was known for his typical dancing and singing style.
"The use of the word `uff` is very Shammi Kapoor. You can almost see his face and his head going back with `Uff`," Joshi said.
Releasing June 22, the Shahid Kapoor-Priyanka Chopra starrer has been directed by Kunal Kohli, who has taken the couple through different time zones in this love story.
Talking about the inspiration for the song, Prasoon said that it was the situation in the movie that helped him write the lyrics.
"The song required very simple lyrics. My words were inspired by the situation," he added.
Describing "Jab se mere dil ko uff" as a fun song, he said: "It is a very easy song but it has a certain meaning. Meaning does not mean that the song has to be very serious. It`s a fun song and I can imagine people singing it. Already people are humming the song."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exposed! Baba Sehgal reveals shocking truth about Bollywood music industry – Details inside
- DJ Afrojack is coming to 'Rock the house' in 'Tomorrowland 2016'! Details inside
- Don't know what item songs mean: Zareen Khan
- Too funny! You can't miss this latest song 'Fake Ishq' from Akshay Kumar's 'Housefull 3' – Watch
- Was intimidated by Amit Trivedi: 'Baby Doll' singer Kanika Kapoor