Prasoon Joshi writes devotional song for Ajmer Sharif Dargah
Mumbai: National award winning lyricist Prasoon Joshi has written a prayer song to mark the 801st anniversary of Hazrat Khwaja Gharib Nawaz Dargah in Ajmer.
"I have had a special connection with Ajmer Sharif ever since I was a child. I feel blessed to have been given this opportunity," Joshi said in a statement here.
The prayer titled `Khwaja Ka Ishaara` will be launched at a special sound-and-light show tomorrow evening in Ajmer.
Joshi has penned the lyrics in Hindavi (a fusion of Hindi and Urdu), which was a language used in the earlier days. Playback singer Sonu Nigam has sung it and Sajid-Wajid has composed the music.
"As it is said, it is hukm (directive) and not everybody gets one. It wouldn`t have been possible without the inspirational conversations I had with Bina Kak (politician), who has been instrumental in this project," Joshi, who has penned lyrics for the song `Meri Maa` from `Taare Zameen Par`, `Chand Sifarish` from `Fanaa` and others, said.
The event will be unveiled by Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot at the Akbari Quila in Ajmer.
"This period is called Urs (the death anniversary of the Sufi saint Moinuddin Chishti, in honour of whom the Hazrat Khwaja Gharib Nawaz Dargah has been erected). People do a lot of special things during this time," SM Fasihuddin Moini, the Moallim of the Dargah said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Diwali Lakshmi Pujan 2016: Timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Naraka Chaturdashi 2016: Choti Diwali Abhyang Snan timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Celebrate 'love' this Diwali with Neha-Tony Kakkar's 'Khuda Bhi Jab'!
- Kumkum Bhagya - Episode 699: Alia successfully convinces Abhi to continue his relationship with Tanu
- Here's how Bollywood biggies Aamir Khan, Sanjay Dutt, Hrithik Roshan plan to celebrate Diwali