Ranbir Kapoor teams up with online digital music company Saavn
Mumbai: Bollywood heartthrob Ranbir Kapoor has joined hands with Saavn, a US-based digital music company known as the leader in digital streaming for Indian music, as a creative collaborator.
Ranbir will work with the Saavn team on consumer marketing ideation and production, business development and content. In fact, the actor gave inputs for a commercial campaign which is expected to go on air next week.
The TV commercial has been written by Vasan Bala, who is the screenwriter for Kapoor`s new film Bombay Velvet, alongside Sneha Mehta and Teddy Stern of Saavn.
“I`ve been using Saavn for years now, so it`s exciting to be working with the team on a deeper level. I`ll be helping to guide the brand, influence programming, connect with the next generation of music listeners and ultimately help build the best music product in India and potentially the world,” Ranbir said in a statement.
“And this is only the beginning. I look forward to being involved in a more business-centric capacity in the near future,” he added.
It was in 2012 that Ranbir met the New York-based Saavn founders - Paramdeep Singh (executive chairman), Rishi Malhotra (CEO) and Vin Bhat (president and chief strategy officer).
Singh said the partnership felt right from the beginning.
"Everyone involved in this partnership is truly passionate about the product but there`s also a very human connection here as well.
“Our collaboration with Ranbir represents an evolution in the way technology companies and artists work together in India. And that bridge between art and digital is at the very heart of what we want to accomplish at Saavn,” he added.
The commercial campaign was produced by Golden Gaddi Films, the ad production house of Guneet Monga, the producer of the highly acclaimed film ‘The Lunchbox’.
The digital music company, which boasts a catalogue of almost two million tracks from both Indian and US record labels, will be rolling out a suite of new consumer-facing products and partnerships over the next couple of months in which Ranbir`s inputs and ideation will play a major role.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Anupam Kher shares his 'Kuch Bhi Ho Sakta Hai' experience! Watch video
- 'Plagiarism in Fashion needs serious attention'
- Attention cinema lovers! A sequel to Rajinikanth’s ‘Kabali’ in the pipeline?
- Karishma Tanna breaks silence on breakup with Upen Patel! - Read here
- Photo alert! Katrina Kaif and Sidharth Malhotra’s latest still from 'Baar Baar Dekho' is dayum hot
- Official Prince tribute concert set for October in Minnesota
- Tabla maestro Pt Lacchu Maharaj dies in Varanasi
- Beyonce to perform at MTV Video Music Awards 2016?
- Watch: Tiger Shroff - Jacqueline Fernandez’s fairytale romance in visually captivating song ‘Toota Jo Kabhi Tara’ from ‘A Flying Jatt’
- Taylor Swift snubbed at MTV Video Music Awards nominations!