Roopkumar Rathod`s daughter set to perform next year
Mumbai: Playback singers Sunali and Roopkumar Rathod`s daughter Reewa is geared up for her first live concert in January next year and says she has mixed feelings about the show.
"I am excited and little nervous because it will be my first show. I will be performing my songs and a few English songs too," Reewa, 20, told reporters.
Further talking about her 2013 schedule, she said she will be "performing at different places" and release her "first album" too.
"Since childhood I wanted to become a singer. I worked on my vocals, developed them. I practice a lot when I am alone... I just keep on singing," said Reewa who has also learned to play the piano and even composes music.
What advice do her parents give her?
"They have always told me to trust myself and have faith in myself," she said and added that the toughest thing was to live up to everyone`s expectations.
She is a big fan of Ustad Zakir Hussain and said: "I am very thankful to Ustad Zakir Hussain for being so supportive and encouraging... he has promised to come for my show. For me, he is a true music icon."
Reewa harbours a dream of opening a music school for the underprivileged.
"I look at people who don`t have opportunities. They are good singers and musicians. They don`t have opportunities and resources... that is what I want to do for them," she said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is THIS the reason why Farhan Akhtar refused to act in Akshay Kumar's 'Gold'?
- Abhishek Bachchan to star in Prabhu Deva's 'Lefty'—Here's all you need to know
- Vivah Panchami: Celebrating the divine marriage of Lord Ram and Goddess Sita
- Superstar Rajinikanth injured on sets of '2.0'
- Check out incredible worldwide box office collections of Shah Rukh Khan, Alia Bhatt's 'Dear Zindagi'
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- 'Dear Zindagi' new track 'Love you Zindagi Club Mix' will give you serious partying goals! Watch the making
- It’s out! Aditya Chopra’s favourite song from ‘Befikre’
- Alia Bhatt's 'Let's Break Up' song from 'Dear Zindagi' is like a therapy!
- Maharashtra CM’s wife Amruta Fadnavis to feature in a music video with Amitabh Bachchan