Sabri brothers Toshi and Sharib record 21-minute song
Mumbai: Singer-composer Toshi Sabri and his brother Sharib have worked on a new, 21 minute song for the movie ‘Mastaan’, which brings together father-son Naseerudin Shah and Vivaan.
The love song, titled ‘Mora man mane na’, took seven days of non-stop singing and recording at Toshi`s Sound Of Music studio in Versova Mumbai. So far the song`s scratch version has been done by dummy voices.
However, Toshi intends to get the legendary Lata Mangeshkar to sing the 21-minute song, perhaps the longest ever in Bollywood.
"We never set out to create such a long song. We just set out on a journey on an unknown highway where our protagonist needed to make a self-searching voyage through his heart," said Toshi.
"My brother and I just went on recording without counting the minutes. It`s turned into a 21-minute song," he added.
Toshi and Sharib, who hail from a musical family in Rajasthan, were noticed in music reality shows on the small screen. Toshi says he has gone through rough times.
"It hasn`t been an easy journey for me. I`ve gone through two near brushes with death. I was attacked by hoodlums and then I was in a road accident.
"I guess God wanted me to go through those life-changing experiences so that one day I could create something that would redefine a film song," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui starrer 'Manto' a very big project for me: Nandita Das
- Motherhood teaches you priorities in life: Farah Khan
- Chetan Bhagat shares a trivia about Shraddha Kapoor, Arjun Kapoor's 'Half Girlfriend'
- Working with Amitabh Bachchan was always on my wish list: Esha Gupta
- 'Dangal' director's next film with Sajid Nadiadwala
- Justin Bieber's India concert: Sale of tickets to go live on February 22
- Fortunate to get good songs: Arijit Singh
- Diljit, Badshah jamming for something new?
- Badrinath Ki Dulhania: Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt enchant us with their beautiful chemistry in ‘Humsafar’
- Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan singing 'Humsafar' song from 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania' is a must watch!