Salim-Suleiman to pay tribute to Rajesh Khanna at GIMA awards
Mumbai: Composer duo Salim-Suleiman are set to pay a tribute to late superstar Rajesh Khanna at the Global Indian Music Academy (GIMA) awards.
"We have been planning this Bollywood musical project for four-five months. The project will revive the golden melodies of the 1960s and 1970s - Shankar JaiKishan, Laxmikan Pyarelal, R.D. Burman, and S.D. Burman... We`ll be doing this at the GIMA awards in the form of a tribute. We`ll be doing Rajesh Khannaji`s beautiful songs and we feel it is going to be a brilliant performance," Salim said here in an interview.
A live orchestra along with a choir of young singers will form a part of Salim and Suleiman`s presentation.
"We are presenting these songs in a different way with a big orchestra, a big choir and Salim-Suleiman doing their best with some fantastic singers," Salim added.
GIMA awards are scheduled for Oct 1.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India feels like home: Fawad Khan
- Ban on women's entry in some temples unfair: Vidya Balan
- Bollywood film 'Neerja' banned in Pakistan
- Salman hit and run case: Victim's family challenge Salman Khan's acquittal
- Fawad Khan, Sidharth Malhotra, Alia Bhatt's unmissable family drama in 'Kapoor & Sons' trailer – Watch