Sandeep Chowta glad to break clutter with new album
New Delhi: Singer-composer Sandeep Chowta is happy that his latest album `Matters Of The Heart`, a compilation of mostly jazz numbers, has received a good response in times when Bollywood and international pop tops the charts.
Chowta, known for creating memorable tunes for films like `Mast`, `Bollywood Hollywood`, `Rakht`, `Om Shanti Om` and `Housefull`, has collaborated with international musicians like Dave Grusin, Tom Schuman, Chuck Loeb and more for the new album.
"I am very glad that the album is being very well received. In the days of Bollywood and international pop ruling the charts, it is very difficult for non-film independent music to be noticed," Chowta said in a statement.
The album comprises of 17 tracks composed by Chowta himself. It revisits some of the songs that Chowta composed in the past at different points in his life, but he never finished making them.
He says the album`s success "goes to say that one needs to believe in the music one is making and not worry about what will work and what won`t".
"`Matters of The Heart` is a celebration of life`s moments through music," he added.
The album was released by Sony Music in October.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Alive Indians band to dedicate performance to Uri attack victims
- Banning artistes gives victory to terrorists: Pakistani musician
- Musical tribute to Jagjit Singh by 'Tum Bin 2' makers
- Watch: Diljit Dosanjh's 'Do You Know' is so addictive you will play it on loop
- Ajay Devgn and Erika Kaar's romance in 'Darkhaast' is pure magic! Watch 'Shivaay' song here