Shekhar`s `Hanuman Chalisa` dedicated to grandma
Mumbai: Singer-composer Shekhar Ravjiani has dedicated his interpretation of ‘Hanuman Chalisa’, which happens to be his fourth single, to his late grandmother.
“Hanuman Chalisa has been an integral part of my life. My grandparents instilled these traditional values in me. It was my late grandmother’s wish to see me compose a version of the epic prayer. I dedicate it to her,” Shekhar said.
Megastar Amitabh Bachchan released Shekhar`s ‘Hanuman Chalisa’ here Tuesday.
In the past, Shekhar had released two Marathi singles ‘Saazni’, ‘Savli’ and Telugu single ‘Butterfly’.
He describes his version of the ‘Hanuman Chalisa’ as “soothing” and “meditative”.
“This version is more soothing, calm and peaceful. When the song started to sound the way I wanted it to, I decided to do a little more research on Lord Hanuman. I went to a bookstore and started reading. Suddenly, I felt like making my own version of it,” he said.
“I got in touch with a publication company called Vedic Cosmos and they were excited to be associated with me on the single," he added.
A successful musician in filmdom, Shekhar doesn`t make the singles to taste "success".
"I`ve been in the industry for over 15 years, composed about 500 songs for over 60 films. But these singles have never been part of them. These are made on a personal level but not for the reason of achieving success. My soul is connected to these singles," he said.
"What matters to me is that people should enjoy the experience of these singles. That`s my expectation from them. I feel such songs open the doors for a new set of listeners for me. I feel I challenge myself with such experiments and I like it," he added.
Next in the offering is a book on ‘Hanuman Chalisa’.
"I’m coming up with a book called Shekhar Ravjiani’s `Hanuman Chalisa`, which will be available globally. I’ve also come up with an app for mobile phone users with my song and book,” he added.
Shekhar’s book will be available in Hindi as well as English.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cher to endorse Marc Jacobs's new campaign
- Rihanna poses with spunky pink gun
- Edward Maya takes Bollywood turn for Indian concert
- Jyotika and I may act together next year: Suriya
- Jacqueline to endorse British luxury bathware brand
- Sonakshi Sinha to sing at IIFA
- Subhash Ghai to be honoured with IIFA lifetime achievement award
- I don't care about looking perfect: Melissa McCarthy
- 'Indian' sequel on the cards: A.M. Rathnam
- Nepal earthquake recreated on 'Yeh Hai Mohabbatein'
- Men prefer brains over big breasts and long legs: Study
- Playwright, actor Sam Shepard arrested on drunken driving charge
- Broadway 2014-2015 season is best ever with $1.36 billion in grosses
- Artist sells other's Instagram photo for $90,000
- Vietnam's 'Ceramic King' has over 100,000 antiques
- Haryana to set up three museums
- Indus Valley script numerical, not language: Historian
- Rajkumar Hirani produces his sister's play
- Ramayana miniatures go on show in Canberra
- Teenagers throws spotlight on social issues through theatre
- Paul Walker's 'Fast and Furious' Supra auctioned off for USD 185K
- No winning or losing in art: Helen Mirren
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- BBV: What challenges lie ahead of Modi govt?
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- DNA analysis of rising water crisis in India!
- DNA: Delhi shop owners express their plight through Zee initiative 'My News'
- Watch: Zee Media mega survey on Modi govt- Part 2
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Heatwave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1400
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- First look: Aamir Khan joins Shah Rukh to promote Salman's ‘Bajrangi Bhaijaan’