Sia wrote her song `Chandelier` in under an hour
Los Angeles: Singer Sia says she wrote and recorded her hit single `Chandelier` in an hour. The lead single from the Aussie singer-songwriter`s new album 1000 Forms of Fear shot to number six in the UK charts, number two in the Australian charts and number 20 in the US Billboard Hot 100, reportedly.
"`Chandelier` took like four minutes to write the chords, then like 12-15 minutes to write the lyrics," the singer said.
"Probably 10 or 15 minutes to cut the vocals," she added.
The singer also discussed the nature of `Chandelier` and how its lyrics, rooted in alcoholism, set it apart from other pop songs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- All you men! Be the 'Wanderer', the 'Aviator', the 'Spunkster' with these hairstyles
- Watch: THIS video will make you believe that Shah Rukh Khan can fly! Well, almost
- Here's what Krushna Abhishek has to say about 'competition' with Kapil Sharma! – Details inside
- Slow salute: Akshay Kumar praises brave constable for saving woman's life – Watch video
- Lovemaking makes men more likely to feel divine: Study