Sir Paul McCartney crowned `world’s richest lead singer`
Washington: Sir Paul McCartney has beaten Bono to be named the world’s richest lead singer with an estimated personal fortune of 795.2 million dollars.
The 70-year-old ‘Beatles’ legend landed first place in the CelebrityNetWorth.com poll, with ‘U2’ frontman Bono trailing at number two with 595.2 million dollars.
Jimmy Buffett, Sir Elton John and Sir Mick Jagger rounded off the top five richest lead singers in the world, Contactmusic reported.
Sting, Bruce Springsteen, David Bowie, Axl Rose and Steven Tyler also charted high on the countdown, while only two women earned mentions on the list – ‘No Doubt’s’ at 29 with 80 million dollars and ‘Fleetwood Mac’s’ Stevie Nicks at 38 with 64 million dollars.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aamir Khan's 'Dangal' declared tax-free in Madhya Pradesh
- Zee Jaipur Literature Festival: Donald Trump is like a car salesman, says Man Booker Prize winner Paul Beatty
- Sushmita Sen to judge Miss Universe 2017 pageant, says 'life has come full circle'! Pic proof
- Donald Trump was obsessed with me: Kristen Stewart on his old tweet about her
- Priyanka Chopra thanks 'Quantico' team for People's Choice Award!
- Akshay Kumar, Huma Qureshi's 'Go Pagal' song making video is a must watch!
- Akshay Kumar turns a 'Jolly good fellow' in this new promotional music video!
- Shahid Kapoor and Kangana Ranaut's brilliant chemistry in 'Yeh Ishq Hai' song from 'Rangoon' is a must WATCH!
- Shah Rukh Khan, Aditya Roy Kapoor and Hrithik Roshan revisit evergreen hits – Here’s how
- David Guetta concert: Mumbai, Delhi gig rescheduled to January 15