Sony Music acquires rights of `Matru Ki Bijli Ka Mandola`
Mumbai: Sony has acquired the music rights of Vishal Bhardwaj`s upcoming movie `Matru Ki Bijli Ka Mandola`.
Set in a fictional village of Haryana, the comedy-drama stars Imran Khan, Anushka Sharma, Arya Babbar, Pankaj Kapoor and Shabana Azmi. The film will hit the theatres on January 11, 2013.
Bhardwaj has not only written and directed the movie but is also the music director.
Imran will be seen for the first time in a Haryanvi avatar in the movie while Anushka dons the role of a modern girl.
The trailer of the film released yesterday and it has been widely appreciated by the audience.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Zaroori tha' will reach wider audience as Bollywood song: Rahat Fateh Ali Khan
- Jason Derulo's 'Want to Want Me' tops UK Singles Chart
- Apple in talks to sign Drake, David Guetta as guest DJs for iTunes radio
- Adam Levine bares booty in Maroon 5's new music video
- Kendrick Lamar kicks fan off stage for not knowing the lyrics