Sony Music acquires rights of `Matru Ki Bijli Ka Mandola`
Mumbai: Sony has acquired the music rights of Vishal Bhardwaj`s upcoming movie `Matru Ki Bijli Ka Mandola`.
Set in a fictional village of Haryana, the comedy-drama stars Imran Khan, Anushka Sharma, Arya Babbar, Pankaj Kapoor and Shabana Azmi. The film will hit the theatres on January 11, 2013.
Bhardwaj has not only written and directed the movie but is also the music director.
Imran will be seen for the first time in a Haryanvi avatar in the movie while Anushka dons the role of a modern girl.
The trailer of the film released yesterday and it has been widely appreciated by the audience.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Might land up in jail if I reveal much about 'Daddy': Arjun Rampal
- Misha is our first 'project' together, says Shahid Kapoor!
- Huma Qureshi's 'Dobaara' to release on May 19
- Beauty and the Beast: First week Box Office collection of Emma Watson starrer out!
- Karan Johar records song for Shekhar Ravjiani, looks forward to long innings as playback singer!
- Vidya Balan's 'Begum Jaan': 'Prem Mein Tohre' by Asha Bhosle highlights Anu Malik's musical brilliance
- Ranveer Singh and Rajkummar Rao jamming the 'Trapped' rap is a bonus for fans!
- Sonakshi Sinha in 'Gulabi 2.0' song from 'Noor' will pep up your boring day!
- Noor: Sonakshi Sinha lets her hair down, teases video of song 'Gulabi 2.0'
- Every film with AR Rahman is special journey, says Mani Ratnam