Star or no star makes no difference for Sonu Nigam
Mumbai: Singer Sonu Nigam, who has lent his voice to a newcomer Tanuj Veervani for ‘Luv U Soniyo’, says only the song and credibility of the composer matters to him, not the actor on whom the song would be filmed.
Tanuj is actress Rati Agnihotri`s son, who is making his debut with the film, being directed by Joe Rajan.
"When I sang in `Mast`, at that time Aftab Shivdasani was also a new-comer and all the songs were hit. So you cannot judge a song`s success by its star-cast," said the singer in an interview here.
He added that he gives importance to "song and music composer`s credibility".
Why don`t current songs have a shelf life?
"Today songs are recorded in a hurry as there are several deadlines to meet. There has to be a catchy word in every song, which is repeated again and again. A hook word has become very important. Songs that are made today are not long-lasting," said Sonu.
‘Luv U Soniyo’ is set to release July 26 and features Neha Hinge in the female lead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- You cannot take your eyes off 'sloth struck' Ranveer Singh lazing around!- See it to believe it
- Dance songs should not be called item numbers: Aditi Rao Hydari
- Arbaaz Khan speaks about his character in 'Tera Intezaar'- READ
- Kangana Ranaut looking forward to next project- Know all about it!
- Do's & Donts while worshipping a Shivling—A must read!
- Official Prince tribute concert set for October in Minnesota
- Tabla maestro Pt Lacchu Maharaj dies in Varanasi
- Beyonce to perform at MTV Video Music Awards 2016?
- Watch: Tiger Shroff - Jacqueline Fernandez’s fairytale romance in visually captivating song ‘Toota Jo Kabhi Tara’ from ‘A Flying Jatt’
- Taylor Swift snubbed at MTV Video Music Awards nominations!