Star or no star makes no difference for Sonu Nigam
Mumbai: Singer Sonu Nigam, who has lent his voice to a newcomer Tanuj Veervani for ‘Luv U Soniyo’, says only the song and credibility of the composer matters to him, not the actor on whom the song would be filmed.
Tanuj is actress Rati Agnihotri`s son, who is making his debut with the film, being directed by Joe Rajan.
"When I sang in `Mast`, at that time Aftab Shivdasani was also a new-comer and all the songs were hit. So you cannot judge a song`s success by its star-cast," said the singer in an interview here.
He added that he gives importance to "song and music composer`s credibility".
Why don`t current songs have a shelf life?
"Today songs are recorded in a hurry as there are several deadlines to meet. There has to be a catchy word in every song, which is repeated again and again. A hook word has become very important. Songs that are made today are not long-lasting," said Sonu.
‘Luv U Soniyo’ is set to release July 26 and features Neha Hinge in the female lead.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UK songwriter society sues SoundCloud over copyright: Report
- Sharmila Tagore, Taapsee Pannu support Gaurang's pan-India themed show
- Women more flexible, adaptive in sexual identity than men
- John Abraham, Anil Kapoor enthral fans with 'Welcome Back' promotions
- Would love to be a dance teacher: Alia Bhatt