Stop Honey Singh concert - online petition spreads like wildfire
New Delhi: An online petition seeking cancellation of popular rapper Honey Singh`s New Year`s Eve performance at the Bristol Hotel in Gurgaon Monday night is doing the rounds online. The outrage is for his use of crass lyrics around women.
The petition, "GM of The Bristol Hotel Gurgaon India: Stop Honey Singh`s performance", has been posted following the death of a 23-year-old victim of a brutal gang-rape in Delhi.
Honey Singh`s songs like "Lak 28 kudi da", "Brown rang" and "Angrezi beat" are peppy and popular among masses. But it is his 2006 song "Ch**t", which has been pinpointed in the petition by Kalpana Mishra on www.change.org.
The webpage reads: "The nation is outraged at the ease with which rape happens, at the unnecessary death of a young woman whose entire life lay before her. We know that these rapes occur because in the India of today rape is acceptable to many men."
When IANS contacted Bristol Hotel, a source confirmed the concert in on.
"The Honey Singh performance is on. It starts at 8 p.m.," said the source.
Even filmmaker Kunal Kohli is against Honey Singh`s gig.
"Honey Singh should not be allowed to perform in India. To write lyrics like that is disgusting, to be allowed to perform them, a shame. Come on Gurgaon, show the world, boycott Honey Singh, two days after Nirbhaya/Damini dies, you can`t let him sing such lewd songs," Kohli posted on Twitter.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Richa Chadha collaborates with all-female production in New York
- Grateful to amazing people who made ‘Neerja' happen: Producer
- Riteish Deshmukh tweets an important life lesson on Shivaji Jayanti!
- Ashish Kaul appointed CEO of Prakash Jha Productions
- Rajkummar Rao's presence in Hansal Mehta's life has been 'transformative'
- Fortunate to get good songs: Arijit Singh
- Diljit, Badshah jamming for something new?
- Badrinath Ki Dulhania: Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt enchant us with their beautiful chemistry in ‘Humsafar’
- Alia Bhatt and Varun Dhawan singing 'Humsafar' song from 'Badrinath Ki Dulhania' is a must watch!
- Bollywood actors who have also inspired us by their singing