Sunidhi Chauhan to perform at Trinidad and Tobago carnival
Port-of-Spain: Leading Indian playback singer Sunidhi Chauhan will perform at the Trinidad and Tobago carnival Feb 22, organisers said.
The carnival, Chutney Brass, will be held at Guaracara Park in San Fernando, Randy Glasgow, chief executive officer of Randy Glasgow Productions said, adding that Chauhan will be accompanied by her performing troupe.
Top local bands Dil-e-Nadan, Karma, BMERZ, Melo Bug, 3 Veni and D Rampersad Indian Art will also perform during the two-day carnival that precedes the Christian Lenten season.
Glasgow said that over the years Chutney Brass has received fans from Japan, Spain, Holland, Britain, Australia, Canada and the US besides those from the Caribbean countries.
Chauhan has lend her voice for songs in Urdu, Oriya, Punjabi, Marathi, Kannada, Tamil, Telgu, Bhojpuri, Bengali, assamese, Gujarati and Nepali films.
Trinidad and Tobago`s 1.3 million population consists of 44 percent Indians whose forefathers came from Uttar Pradesh and Bihar during 1845 and 1917 to work on sugar plantations in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check out: Hilarious Nawazuddin Siddiqui playing Karachi reporter Chand Nawab!
- Porn ban: Govt might come into bedroom to see how couples are having sex, says Ram Gopal Varma
- 'Masaan', 'Jaanisar' tax free in Uttar Pradesh
- Aanand L Rai to present Swara Bhaskar-starrer
- 'Singh is Bling' trailer to be out with 'Brothers'