Sunidhi Chauhan to perform at Trinidad and Tobago carnival
Port-of-Spain: Leading Indian playback singer Sunidhi Chauhan will perform at the Trinidad and Tobago carnival Feb 22, organisers said.
The carnival, Chutney Brass, will be held at Guaracara Park in San Fernando, Randy Glasgow, chief executive officer of Randy Glasgow Productions said, adding that Chauhan will be accompanied by her performing troupe.
Top local bands Dil-e-Nadan, Karma, BMERZ, Melo Bug, 3 Veni and D Rampersad Indian Art will also perform during the two-day carnival that precedes the Christian Lenten season.
Glasgow said that over the years Chutney Brass has received fans from Japan, Spain, Holland, Britain, Australia, Canada and the US besides those from the Caribbean countries.
Chauhan has lend her voice for songs in Urdu, Oriya, Punjabi, Marathi, Kannada, Tamil, Telgu, Bhojpuri, Bengali, assamese, Gujarati and Nepali films.
Trinidad and Tobago`s 1.3 million population consists of 44 percent Indians whose forefathers came from Uttar Pradesh and Bihar during 1845 and 1917 to work on sugar plantations in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Malayalam actress abduction case: Congress MLA alleges 'serious lapses' in handling case
- Veteran Arun Kakade selected for META Lifetime Achievement
- Have made my space without backing, support, says Aditi Rao Hydari
- I have earned enough money: Akshay Kumar
- Special screening of 'Lion' for Salaam Balak and Google India
- Maluma to donate Vina del Mar fest paycheque to fire victims
- Arjun Kapoor – Shraddha Kapoor’s ‘Half Girlfriend’ to create record with 18-minute long song!
- Justin Bieber India Purpose Tour: Varun Dhawan to attend concert
- Akshay Kumar and Raveena Tandon's popular song all set for a reprised version!
- Justin Bieber's India concert: Sale of tickets to go live on February 22