Sunidhi Chauhan to perform at Trinidad and Tobago carnival
Port-of-Spain: Leading Indian playback singer Sunidhi Chauhan will perform at the Trinidad and Tobago carnival Feb 22, organisers said.
The carnival, Chutney Brass, will be held at Guaracara Park in San Fernando, Randy Glasgow, chief executive officer of Randy Glasgow Productions said, adding that Chauhan will be accompanied by her performing troupe.
Top local bands Dil-e-Nadan, Karma, BMERZ, Melo Bug, 3 Veni and D Rampersad Indian Art will also perform during the two-day carnival that precedes the Christian Lenten season.
Glasgow said that over the years Chutney Brass has received fans from Japan, Spain, Holland, Britain, Australia, Canada and the US besides those from the Caribbean countries.
Chauhan has lend her voice for songs in Urdu, Oriya, Punjabi, Marathi, Kannada, Tamil, Telgu, Bhojpuri, Bengali, assamese, Gujarati and Nepali films.
Trinidad and Tobago`s 1.3 million population consists of 44 percent Indians whose forefathers came from Uttar Pradesh and Bihar during 1845 and 1917 to work on sugar plantations in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Date issues keep away Katrina Kaif from doing film for Salman Khan
- Photo album: Bipasha Basu's mehendi ceremony was a starry affair!
- You can no longer bully Alia Bhatt - Here's why
- ‘Bride’ Bipasha Basu’s father blesses her in traditional Bengali style – See Pic
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Aditya Pancholi’s reaction on being asked about Adhyayan Suman is shocking
- Watch: Aishwarya Rai Bachchan's Punjabi swag in 'Tung Luk' from 'Sarbjit' will win your heart
- Ghulam Ali, Pt Jasraj perform on Sankat Mochan Sangeet Samaroh
- Armaan Malik honoured with Dadasaheb Phalke award!
- 'Me and Mrs Jones' singer Billy Paul no more
- Watch: Akshay Kumar, Abhishek Bachchan, Riteish Deshmukh woo the ladies in 'Pyar Ki' song from 'Housefull3'!