Surviving members of The Doors to reunite
Los Angeles: The surviving members of The Doors - Robby Krieger and drummer John Densmore - will reunite for a tribute to keyboardist Ray Manzarek, who died in May.
The `Light My Fire` hitmaker`s original guitarist Krieger and drummer Densmore are planning to stage a concert for the keyboardist, who passed away in May after a long battle with bile duct cancer, reported Rolling Stone magazine.
"We`re going to do at least one show for Ray and have a big send-off. That`s either the start or the end of it, I don`t know," Krieger said.
The fourth founding member of the band, singer Jim Morrison, died in 1971.
The concert will mark the healing of a rift between the two musicians, which started in 2002 when Krieger and Manzarek started touring as The Doors of the 21st Century.
This led to lawsuits from both sides for millions of dollars about the rights to use the band`s name and songs in adverts, and a book by Densmore, `The Doors Unhinged` about their battle.
Although Krieger claims this is now behind them.
"John`s the one that got me in the Doors. What am I going to do? I can`t hate him forever. I just wish he had wanted to play with Ray and I back before all this started. That`s when things went bad. We`re talking about it," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Preggers Kareena Kapoor Khan becomes a showstopper at Manish Malhotra's birthday bash!
- Zaheer Khan and Sagarika Ghatge – Five photos of the rumoured couple
- Katrina Kaif presses for gender equality at UN Women event!
- Parineeti Chopra, Shraddha Kapoor turn black beauties and we can't stop gushing over it!
- ‘Voice of India’ season 2: This singer will leave judges spellbound – WATCH teaser
- Making of 'Dhaakad Girls' SONG from Aamir Khan's 'Dangal will inspire you!
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- 'Dear Zindagi' new track 'Love you Zindagi Club Mix' will give you serious partying goals! Watch the making
- It’s out! Aditya Chopra’s favourite song from ‘Befikre’
- Alia Bhatt's 'Let's Break Up' song from 'Dear Zindagi' is like a therapy!