Surviving members of The Doors to reunite
Los Angeles: The surviving members of The Doors - Robby Krieger and drummer John Densmore - will reunite for a tribute to keyboardist Ray Manzarek, who died in May.
The `Light My Fire` hitmaker`s original guitarist Krieger and drummer Densmore are planning to stage a concert for the keyboardist, who passed away in May after a long battle with bile duct cancer, reported Rolling Stone magazine.
"We`re going to do at least one show for Ray and have a big send-off. That`s either the start or the end of it, I don`t know," Krieger said.
The fourth founding member of the band, singer Jim Morrison, died in 1971.
The concert will mark the healing of a rift between the two musicians, which started in 2002 when Krieger and Manzarek started touring as The Doors of the 21st Century.
This led to lawsuits from both sides for millions of dollars about the rights to use the band`s name and songs in adverts, and a book by Densmore, `The Doors Unhinged` about their battle.
Although Krieger claims this is now behind them.
"John`s the one that got me in the Doors. What am I going to do? I can`t hate him forever. I just wish he had wanted to play with Ray and I back before all this started. That`s when things went bad. We`re talking about it," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Salman plays down row over use of "Bhar Do Jholi" song in Bajrangi Bhaijaan
- Watch: Salman Khan, Kareena's Eid bonanza in 'Aaj Ki Party' from 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan'!
- Amy Winehouse's 'Rehab' was cry for help: Asif Kapadia
- Eminem releases action-packed 'Phenomenal' music video
- Pulkit Samrat, Riteish Deshmukh to represent six cultures in one song