Susmit Sen bids adieu to Indian Ocean
New Delhi: Susmit Sen, the lead guitarist and one of the co-founders of Indian Ocean, has quit the band. He wants to embark on an independent journey and says his departure will be beneficial for indie-pop band and his creative expression as well.
Indian Ocean was formed in 1990 and has given many hits like "Bandeh", "Kandisa" and "Out of the blues". Sen and singer Rahul Ram were the oldest in the current group.
After Susmit Sen`s departure, the band comprises of Tuheen Chakravorty, Himanshu Joshi, Amit Kilam and Rahul Ram.
"Right now, I am at my creative best. Indian Ocean is a sound and style we created. After more than 27 years of playing, I feel that I am brimming with more compositions, more music but in a grammar and style that is different from Indian Ocean."
"So, I feel restricted now as I am sure must be the case with the others as well. I strongly believe that my moving on will be beneficial for both Indian Ocean and my creative expression as well," Sen said in a statement.
Nikhil Rao, a young enthusiastic guitarist, will replace Sen and the latter has only good things to say about him.
"Rao is a promising young guitar player with a lot of Indian-ness in his playing. He will be able to give a lot of impetus to Indian Ocean as he will not only add value to concerts but will also be able to create new music with the band in their signature style," Sen said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Sultan' Box Office collections: 300 cr does not seem far for Salman Khan, Anushka Sharma starrer
- 'Jagga Jasoos' will work irrespective of delay if made well: Anurag Basu
- Directors don't see me in different roles: Irrfan Khan
- Was Katrina Kaif REALLY offered Salman Khan starrer 'Tubelight'? Scoop inside
- Sonakshi Sinha croons for 'Akira'
- Official Prince tribute concert set for October in Minnesota
- Tabla maestro Pt Lacchu Maharaj dies in Varanasi
- Beyonce to perform at MTV Video Music Awards 2016?
- Watch: Tiger Shroff - Jacqueline Fernandez’s fairytale romance in visually captivating song ‘Toota Jo Kabhi Tara’ from ‘A Flying Jatt’
- Taylor Swift snubbed at MTV Video Music Awards nominations!