Susmit Sen promotes young, independent talent
New Delhi: Guitarist Susmit Sen says there is cut-throat competition in the music world, and so, he feels it is important for everyone to get the right platform. He has joined hands with a music website to promote young and talented artists.
Online music store Songdew has shortlisted six young bands and artists - Tungzten, Pratigya, Badnaam, Chinmayi, Joel and North East Breeze, following an online voting process. They have been given a chance to launch their debut album as part of Free The Music Campaign in association with Aircel.
Sen, who recently quit indie-pop band Indian Ocean to charter into independent territories, has already launched singer Chinmayi`s album ‘Mann Bawara’ and the indie-tock band Tungztn`s album titled as ‘Jumpstart’.
"I think in today`s day and age, after a lot of cut-throat competition and music companies trying to exploit new artists, the platform that Songdew is giving to new artists is highly encouraging for them," Sen said in a statement.
"Every artist requires a release function and requires a good series of promotional activities which Songdew is doing and it is a fantastic initiative," he added.
The artists were selected from hundreds of entries after they uploaded their work on the Songdew website. The users of the site were asked to vote for them.
"With the launch of the Free the Music Campaign, we are fulfilling our promise to artists to gain the recognition they deserve by integrating 360 degree promotion along with the extensive promotion on www.songdew.com," said Sunil Khanna, founder of Songdew.
The artists will now get a chance to perform live at various places across Delhi, Mumbai, Pune, Chennai, and Guwahati.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Lipstick Under My Burkha’ row: Bollywood celebrities slam CBFC decision
- Guardians The Superheroes movie review: Russian replica of 'X-Men' series
- 'Anaarkali of Aaarah' will appeal to all sections: Swara Bhaskar
- Vishal Bharadwaj is very sensitive: Kangana Ranaut
- Worth taking all the risk: Deepika Padukone on 'xXx: Return of Xander Cage' success
- Badrinath Ki Dulhania: Varun Dhawan, Alia Bhatt's quirky antics steal the show in 'Aashiq Surrender Hua'
- Akshay Kumar happy with 'Tu Cheez Badi Hai Mast' song in 'Machine'!
- Anushka Sharma’s ‘Phillauri’: ‘Whats up’ - first wedding song of this season – Watch
- Maluma to donate Vina del Mar fest paycheque to fire victims
- Arjun Kapoor – Shraddha Kapoor’s ‘Half Girlfriend’ to create record with 18-minute long song!