Swaralaya-Kairali-Yesudas award for Lata Mangeshkar, Ghoshal
Thiruvananthapuram: India`s most popular and respected playback singer Lata Mangeshkar has been chosen for the special award instituted by the Kairali-Swaralaya-Yesudas trust.
Shreya Ghoshal, one of the best known female voices in the film industry, was selected for the Swaralaya-Kairali-Yesudas award for the year 2011.
The awards were announced by jury chairman M A Baby and Kairali TV executive director P R Ajayan at a press conference here today.
Mangeshkar was being with the honour for her overall contribution a career spanning nearly seven decades, rendering songs in 36 regional languages besides Hindi.
Ghoshal, a popular singer in Hindi, has also sung in regional languages including Malayalam, Bengali, Tamil, Kannada, Assamese, Marathi and Punjabi.
While Mangeshkar`s award comprises a cash component of Rs 2 lakh, memento and citation, the `Swaralaya` award carries a cash prize of Rs 1 lakh, memento and citation.
The awards would be presented to them at a function to be held here in September, Baby said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Move Your Lakk song alert! 'Noor' Sonakshi Sinha shimmers with Diljit Dosanjh and Badshah
- Ali Quli Mirza dedicates song to cancer-stricken kids
- Parineeti Chopra makes spectacular singing debut with 'Maana Ke Hum Yaar Nahin' from 'Meri Pyaari Bindu'! - Watch
- ‘Baahubali 2’ songs out! Check out the Jukebox here
- Vidya Balan's 'Begum Jaan': 'Prem Mein Tohre' by Asha Bhosle highlights Anu Malik's musical brilliance