Tribute paid to Shamshad Begum
Gurgaon: Legendary singer Shamshad Begum, who was the voice behind hit tracks like `Mere Piya Gaye Rangoon`, `Kabhi Aar Kabhi Paar` and `Kajra Mohabbat Wala`, was paid tribute in a function organised in the city.
Oraginsed by Societies Pecoba (Punjab Engineering College Chandigarh Old Boys Association) and Sakha in collaboration with Epicentre, the event saw Begum`s life illustrated through slides.
Recorded interviews with those who knew Begum, including daughter Usha Ratra, film actresses Kamini Kaushal, Waheeda Rehman and Tabbasum, were also shown.
Speaking on the occasion Sakha Chairman and Pecoba General Secretary Amarjit Singh Kohli said, "Shamshad Begum was highest paid singer of her time and even Lata Mangeshkar has sung chorus in her songs."
Padmashree singer Shanti Hiranand also gave away Sakha Awards to DR Saini (principal Delhi Public School RK Puram), Saraswati Music College, film music researcher Bhim Raj Garg of Chandigarh, music composers Mohinder Sarin and Chhote Lal, Satpal Narang of Gurgaon (radio and TV programs producer), Simrat Chhabra and scriptwriter Mamta Vani.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Preggers Kareena Kapoor Khan becomes a showstopper at Manish Malhotra's birthday bash!
- Zaheer Khan and Sagarika Ghatge – Five photos of the rumoured couple
- Katrina Kaif presses for gender equality at UN Women event!
- Parineeti Chopra, Shraddha Kapoor turn black beauties and we can't stop gushing over it!
- ‘Voice of India’ season 2: This singer will leave judges spellbound – WATCH teaser
- Making of 'Dhaakad Girls' SONG from Aamir Khan's 'Dangal will inspire you!
- Himesh Reshammiya, Iulia Vantur join forces for 'Every Night And Day' from 'Aap Se Mausiiquii'
- 'Dear Zindagi' new track 'Love you Zindagi Club Mix' will give you serious partying goals! Watch the making
- It’s out! Aditya Chopra’s favourite song from ‘Befikre’
- Alia Bhatt's 'Let's Break Up' song from 'Dear Zindagi' is like a therapy!