Ustad Amjad Ali Khan honoured
Bhubaneswar: Sarod maestro Ustad Amjad Ali Khan was honoured with the first Guru Gangadhar Pradhan Award in recognition of his outstanding contribution to the world of music.
The award, instituted in memory of renowned Odissi exponent, was presented to Khan at the 26th Konark Dance and Music Festival near the famous Sun Temple at Konark.
The 65-year-old musician received the award, carrying a citation and Rs one lakh, from Carnatic music exponent M Balamurali Krishna at the inaugural ceremony of the five-day
festival last night.
The annual festival got off to a colourful start with a sarod recital by the maestro against the impressive backdrop of the Sun Temple, keeping the audience spellbound.
At the festival, music lovers will be treated to Carnatic vocal presentation by Krishna and performances by flutist Ronu Mazumdar and Tabla exponent Vijat Ghate.
Dance shows include Kathak by Nadam troupe and Bharat Natyam by Nritya Kala Mandir of Bangalore, while artists of Konark Nritya Mandal would present Odissi, organisers said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Priyanka Chopra shares throwback pic of her nani on her 94th birthday! – View pic
- Nandita Das bats for rating system in certifying films
- Darshan Kumaar, Randeep Hooda and Vijender Singh showcase 'Jat power punch'! See pic
- Vidya Balan looks enchanting as Geeta Bali in 'Ekk Albela' poster! – View pic
- Royal couple Saif Ali Khan, Kareena Kapoor Khan spotted on the streets of London! – Watch video
- Too funny! You can't miss this latest song 'Fake Ishq' from Akshay Kumar's 'Housefull 3' – Watch
- Was intimidated by Amit Trivedi: 'Baby Doll' singer Kanika Kapoor
- Like things to be poetic in music, says Rabbi Shergill
- Sonal Chauhan, Ankit Tiwari's new song video 'Badtameez' is must watch for every heartbroken lover!
- New song 'Da Da Dasse' from 'Udta Punjab' is thoroughly intoxicating – Watch here